Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally...A New Post!

I thought I better update my blog while I had a few minutes. So here's what's been going on in our lives since I posted last:

Davis~ He's doing really really good! I can't believe he's almost 12 weeks old! He teased us early in the week by sleeping 9 hours straight two nights in a row. Jeff and I both woke up in a panic both nights asking eachother if he's been up yet! It's crazy you do that because you can't wait for the day they sleep all night but when they do it scares the crap out of you! I ran upstairs to check on him both nights around 3:30 a.m. and he was just snoozing away :)! However that 9 hour business didn't last long! He's now getting up again about every 3 to 5 hours...so still not bad. He's been eating like a champ! He's now polishing off 4 oz. bottles like nobody's business. I think next week we might try giving him 5 oz. and see how he does. It took him a long time to get up to 4 oz. but that's fine. We know he's getting enough to eat because he's growing like a weed! He is super long...he's not real chubby (he does have cute chubby cheeks though). We have a feeling he's going to be a tall, skinny kid (wonder where he gets that from). He loves to lay on the floor and talk to us or the ceiling fan. For some reason he can't get enough of the ceiling fan :)! He also enjoys his swing (finally). He's laughing, smiling and talking pretty much all the time. He gets the "all over body smiles" (does that make sense). He shrugs his little shoulders up and tucks his chin into his chest and SMILES real big. It's the cutest thing in the world! Daycare is going good. He seems to be adjusting to all that (and so am I). My Mom is going to watch him on Monday and Tuesday (she's coming up to visit this weekend...can't wait to see you MOM)! I'm sure they will both enjoy that.

Jeff~ He's been busy with work and also projects around our place. Work has been kind of slow because of Harvest. He said this happens every year. Hopefully when Harvest is done business will pick up. He's been trying to get the yard ready for winter. He wants to mow the yard one more time yet before the snow flies. He is a WONDERFUL Daddy...I just love watching him interact with Davis. It's so CUTE :)!! It melts my heart! He's been helping me a lot around the house (THANK YOU HONEY). So he's keeping pretty busy (like usual).

Me~ I'm finally back to the swing of things with work. I can see my desk again so that's a good thing! I am now a van drivin' momma. Yes we got a mini-van and I really like it. Of course I swore I would NEVER EVER drive one but I changed my mind after hitting my head and straining my back getting Davis in and out of our car. The van is much easier to get him in and out of..plus we have a lot more room! I am enjoying watching Davis grow up and can't believe how much he's growing and changing. People weren't kidding when they said the time would go fast!

So that's life in a nut shell at our house. I'll post more pictures next week sometime! We hope everyone is doing well. Have a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to Everyone!

6 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I can't believe he's almost 12 weeks old already! Time sure does go by fast. He sounds like such a good little baby....and such a blessing to you both!

Tracy said...

Sounds like you are having a blast being a mommy!! Enjoy it because yes...they grow up too fast.

You'll blink and realize that you have TWO kids (ages 6 and 2)!!

Jamie said...

Wow - they sure grow up fast...hard to believe he is 12 weeks!! I am so glad he is doing well!!

Lori said...

Yes he is growing. That is a super duper cute picture of him on the sidebar.
I thought the ones you emailed were so cute.
Were those taken in your yard or someplace else?

Jennifer said...

OH I just LOVE Davis' little pumpkin picture. Erin, he's adorable! I'm sure you could just eat him up every day :o)

You crack me up reading that stupidly long post of mine, lol. I took a nap yesterday (by accident), I didn't realize I was so tired - so that set me up for a restless night. And of course, today is my day off and I slept til noon. Now I have to go expend a LOT of energy so I can get in bed at a decent hour tonight.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the time with your Mom!

~Jenn

Tess said...

Wow, 12 weeks. Sounds like he has filled your hearts and minds perfectly!!
Glad to hear all is going well and you guys are keeping occupied with Davis!! Love the smile story, I can just picture it!! :)