Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Baby is 10 months old today!!!

Yes it's true...Davis Logan is now 10 months old! Ok so everyone always told me time would fly by but I didn't believe them. Now I do!! I can't believe that in 2 months we'll be celebrating his first birthday!

Davis continues to amaze us on a daily basis. He just learns so fast and learns something new each and every day. This past weekend he started to do "So Big" and when asked "What does a cow say" he moo's! Sometimes we have to moo for him first and then he responds by mooing back but most of the time he'll do it without us mooing! It's really cute! He claps now too. He's not walking quite yet but I don't think it'll be too much longer. He has attempted to take a few steps on his own but gets freaked out and falls down. He cruises along the furniture like a pro though! And he's a super fast crawler! He's cutting 4 top teeth right now too. He really has handled teething really good. Thank goodness :)! He doesn't want me to touch his mouth though...won't let me brush his teeth. I guess I don't blame him..I'm sure it hurts! Hopefully that'll end soon..don't want him to get rotten teeth!

Davis is eating all table foods now...no more baby food. In fact he won't touch the stuff. He is a good little eater..which we are very thankful for! He's willing to try just about anything you put in front of him. Last night I made him some mashed potatoes and he didn't want me to feed them to him. He had to do it himself. I rolled them into "potato balls" and he picked them up and ate them. I couldn't make them fast enough :)!

Davis loves being outside. We got for nightly walks in the jogging stroller now. He just loves being outside. Him and Jake are buddies now :)! It's really cute to watch Davis get all excited when Jake comes bounding out of his kennel to greet us. Davis just laughs and laughs. We bought Davis a swing for the swingset so he enjoys going in there daily also. He gets mad when we go in the house. He's been going to bed a little later lately just so we can spend more time outside. So far that hasn't been a bad thing :)!

As for me and Jeff...we are doing good. Jeff got most of the garden in now. I am excited to start canning later in the summer. Tractor pulling starts on June 5! Then we'll really be on the go. I ordered Davis some special "ear muff" things to wear to the pulls. Gotta protect those little ears!! Hopefully he'll wear them! We are looking forward to Tractor pulling. Jeff had his puller tractor running the other night and just the smell of it made me excited for the pulls. I hope Davis enjoys them like we do!

We don't have any ducks or chickens anymore. I'll spare you all the details but a mink got them all. It was a shame and we were bummed about it. We'll probably try to get more chickens in the next year or two. Jeff did get the mink though..so that's a good thing.

Well that's it from our house. Hope all is well with everyone. God's Blessings to you all. I'll post some pictures of Davis in the next few days!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a sweetheart!! I can't believe he is 10 months old already!!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I cannot believe that he is 10 months old already...seems like you were just posting pregnancy updates! This age is so much fun...I really miss those days.

Tess said...

Davis sounds like he is growing leaps and bounds!! Wow, already doing so much stuff.. Doesn't seem possible!!