Davis is also kind of establishing a routine. Well I should say we are trying to do a few things nightly that gets him into a routine. He gets his bath every night at 7:00 (or around there). At 7:30 he gets a bottle and usually by 8:00 or 8:30 he's in bed until 11 or 12. So far this has been working out really good. Davis LOVES his bath (thank goodness). I honestly think he knows when it's time for bath time each night because he instantly gets happy the minute you lay him down on his bath towel and start to undress him. It's the cutest thing!
He usually has "Crabby Time" as Jeff and I call it every night around 6:45 p.m. Bath time seems to calm him down but after he gets out of the tub he's back being crabby again. Now that we know this is how he is at night we have a pretty good handle on it. At first it really threw us for a loop but now we just expect it and go with it. Davis is also a "Morning Person". Jeff said he gets this from me (ok I'll admit it..he does..he he)! He is usually up around 6 or 6:15 a.m. every morning. This will be a good thing when I go back to work on the 22nd of this month.
So I guess you could say Jeff and I are settling into this parenting thing. I can't believe all the stuff we have learned in the last 7 1/2 weeks :)! Being parents is great and God has truly blessed us with little Davis Logan :)!
We haven't been up to much besides taking care of Davis. Jeff gets out into the shop once in a great while. I get out once in awhile too. We have been making trips down to Inwood for the past 3 weeks and so far so good. We have actually made it down there for church the past 2 Sundays. It takes some doing but we manage. I hope it gets easier every time we do it :)! We now need to set up a date for Davis' baptism (which will probably be in October sometime).
We hope all is well with everyone! God's Blessings!
Here are some newer pictures. ENJOY!
8 comments:
Glad to hear all is great with little Davis! Yes, those shots are stinkers, makes for not so happy kids! Luckily it is short lived..
Sounds like you are old hats already at parenting!!! :-)
The pictures are wonderful, he is getting so big!! So adorable and precious!!
Thanks for the update, your time is so precious! It is great to hear what is going on!! Take care!
Tess pretty much summed it up!
It was so nice to finally meet Davis the other day! I did hear him in the clinic. Poor little guy!
He's growing so fast...but oh so cute!!
Love the second picture of you holding him.
Precious.
Your little blessing sure is a cutie.
I'm happy he's growing, and getting used to a routine.
Baby Davis is BEAUTIFUL! Sounds like you and Jeff are settling in to parenthood like a charm. I hope you are both getting some good sleep in the mean time.
Great to hear from you today!
He is such a cutie pie!
Things sound like they are going super well for you guys!! I am so glad for you!
Davis is just too cute!! Looks like a very happy baby! They all have their moments...don't we all!!
Take care!! Love the pictures!
He is getting so big already. They don't stay little long so enjoy this time as much as you can. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment