Well I started back to work yesterday. I had Davis with me and had planned on doing this for at least a month or two however things have changed. Davis just wasn't his happy little self at the office plus it was SUPER hot in here yesterday morning so he was even more unhappy. I could tell it just wasn't his thing. It was hard trying to do work and take care of him at the same time so I called Lori to see if I could bring him earlier then what we had planned. Thank goodness she said that was fine :)!
So this morning Davis went to daycare. Of course it was hard on me but I didn't cry (which I am very proud of). I hope he's a good boy for Lori. At least I only work part time so I'll go get him at 1:00 and then have all afternoon and evening with him. But still it's hard especially after being with him everyday all day for 9 weeks straight! I know Lori will take excellent care of him though :)!!
Boy it's a challenge getting outta the house anymore these days. I thought I had left myself plenty of time...nope I was still 15 minutes late for work. Thank goodness my boss is pretty flexible when it comes to stuff like that. I have a feeling it'll take a little time to get use to going back to work. Maybe I'll have to start getting up and getting ready a little earlier. Who knows :)!
Otherwise not much else is going on at our house. Davis continues to grow like a weed. I went shopping in Rock Valley to a few consignment shops this past Saturday and found Davis a bunch of clothes. I realized I hadn't really bought him anything size 3-6 month so I was on a mission to find him some clothes. I managed to do just that! Gotta love good bargains! So now I think he's set with clothes for a while again. I think he's probably up to 12+ pounds now. He's a growing boy and he sure is long.
I'll post more pictures in the next few days (hopefully). And I'll update how Davis' first day at daycare went too! God's Blessings to everyone!
7 comments:
Good luck with daycare and returning to work!
Have a great day!
It's good to have you back!
Hey! Just Son is heading Lori's way later this week. :-D
Good luck going back to work. I remember how tough it was even though it was years ago!
Glad all is going well! Have a great week!!
That getting out the door in the AM is rough! It takes time to work out the kinks! LOL
Returning to work is the hardest!! Lucky for you you are off early.
I hope things keep going well!!
Good luck going back to work.
I know it is hard to leave him and is a change and adjustment.
I'm so glad you have the afternoons with him.
Post a Comment