Davis had his 4 month appointment last week Monday. We were excited for this appointment because we were curious on how much he weighed and how long he was, etc. Well he's growing like a weed! Davis weighed in at 14lbs. 11 oz. and is 25 inches long. He is "average" for his weight and height. He has eczema too so the Doctor told us how to treat that with over the counter lotion (Aqua*phor). So far that really has been taking care of it. I was so worried she was going to tell me to stop doing our night time bath routine but she didn't. Davis LOVES his nightly bath so I would hate to give that up.
Everything else looked good. He got some shots that day too. However they were out of the HIB so he is on a waiting list and they will call us when they get that one in. I hate the idea of having to take him in again for another shot but what do you do. I'll treat myself to a flu shot that day so Davis isn't the only one getting poked! I don't think his shots messed him up too much. He slept a little bit more the next few days but otherwise there really wasn't much of a difference.
He rolled from his back to his stomach that Monday after his Dr. appointment too. Of course he hasn't done it since but at least he did it :)! He is lovin' his excersaucer (sp?) and hates tummy time (don't all babies hate tummy time). Davis is just so curious and has to always see what's going on. He also LOVES to stand. He would much rather stand then sit or lay. I think if he could he'd be walking all over the place already! He is also laughing and chuckling...VERY CUTE!!
We had a few nights in there where he wasn't sleeping real good. He just did not want to go down for the night. We would lay him down and not even 2o minutes later he was crying. A few nights I had to bring him down, rock him to sleep, then take him back upstairs. One early morning he was up at 1:30 a.m. for a bottle and I don't think I was back in bed until close to 3:00 a.m. Davis just didn't want to go back to bed. I think he thinks he's missing some wild party or something after he goes to bed :)...so not the case! Once we know he's sleeping soundly we usually hit the hay too!
I think he's starting his teething too. He is constantly drooling, sucking on his hands and fists and puts everything in his mouth. I don't feel anything yet though so it might be a few more months. I am planning on starting him on Rice cereal here in the next few days and we'll see how that goes. I don't want him to grow up too fast :)! Davis is such a great baby...we are so very blessed! God is so very very good!!!
Jeff and I are doing good. Jeff's fighting a cold. He's been working real hard the past two week so it's any wonder he's worn out and worn down! He had a good birthday yesterday. I made him some of his favorite bars. He had one for breakfast this morning (I know...breakfast of champions)! I'm keeping busy with work and taking care of Davis.
So I guess that's life in a nutshell. I hope to get more of my Christmas shopping done and I need to write our Christmas letter. Oh and maybe I'll get the Christmas tree put up here in the next few days! Hope all is well with everyone! God's Blessings to you all!
6 comments:
Seems like things are going well with the little one.
We are putting Christmas lights up today and outside decor. We are running out of time before it's going to stay cold for a very long, long time.
I can't believe how fast he is growing!
I used to give my kids Tylenol before their shots. It seems like now they get so many shots...but I think it's harder on the moms then the kids.
Glad to hear all is well with your little man! Wow, he is growing isn't he!! I love hear about all of his changes..
Shots are really hard for me. I generally make Craig go with me.. I feel so bad and he usually wants his daddy anyway! :)
One of my kids has a patch of eczema...I'm going to try the Aquaphor on it. Thanks for the tip!
Davis is such a doll. Bummer about having to go back in for another shot. Ugh!
Nobody likes shots... you're a good Mommy to get your flu shot on Davis' next go around.
Ah, teething. I went through that with our dog. Although it's nothing in similarity to babies... I just thought I'd say I'm praying for you :o) I hope it's quick and painless for all involved!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy your snow (did you say you got some? I can't remember) :o) we got some this morning!!!
I can not believe he is 4 months already!! Sounds like he is doing great!!
Glad all is well with you and Jeff!!
Post a Comment