Winter is here...I can tell by looking out the window and seeing the snow falling from the sky! It's really pretty actually!! I don't mind snow so much...it's the nasty cold temps that have come with this snow. Not nice out! I was able to stay home with Davis yesterday for a "Snow Day" and that was nice. It was below zero for the high yesterday so I was happy I was able to stay home and keep Davis inside. Had to go back to work today though but luckily it's not as cold as it was yesterday. Davis wore his really warm snowsuit today (he has two of them...one isn't very thick and one is very thick). He looked like the kid in the Christmas Story who is yelling and crying "I can't put my arms down!" Very cute!! I'm sure Davis was nice and toasty!
Speaking of Davis...he's rolling from back to tummy with great ease these days. He use to grunt and groan the whole time he was attempting it but now he's an old pro! He is starting to eat his cereal a lot better. He actually opens his mouth for the spoon so he has gotten the concept of eating. I hope to start him on baby food in the next few weeks. He has kind of regressed with his sleeping habits though. He's up anywhere from 2 to 3 times a night. We think maybe he's starting to get teeth (that along with the ton of drool and the hand chewing kinda gave it away). He LOVES to watch stuff and can't be bothered with a bottle if there is anything remotely interesting going on. He is a curious little fellow that's for sure :)!! We put him in the walker the other night out in the kitchen and he thinks that is great fun. Last night he sat in that thing for quite a while while I made supper. He doesn't quite get how to walk in it yet but that's fine. I don't want him to grow up too fast!!
He started at a new daycare about 3 weeks ago and all is going really well there! The new daycare lady told us he LOVES to watch the other kids. Apparently the daycare kids have a hard time saying Baby Davis so they have been calling him Baby Jesus since he started there...isn't that PRECIOUS :)!! He is the youngest kid there by about 7 months so that's really nice. We can already tell he's use to more noise and things...which is a very good thing. He use to get really startled at Grandma and Grandpa Blankespoor's on Sundays when Cousin Corey would scream and yell...now it doesn't even faze Davis.
I can't believe he's already 21 weeks old. Seriously the time has just flown by!! We are amazed daily at what he learns and catches onto! He's also started to find his voice...he was kinda screaming and screeching the other night. It was really cute :)! We think he'll be sitting up here in the next few weeks and also probably starting to be able to get around on his belly. I wouldn't be surprised if he's walking before he's crawling....the kid loves to stand up! I don't think he'll wanna be bothered by crawling first...he he :)!! Time will tell!
I've gotten almost all my holiday baking done. Only one kind of cookie left to make and I'm done! I hope to get those done today or tomorrow. All our Christmas shopping is done too! YIPPPEEE!! Thank goodness for online shopping. I swear the UPS man has been to our house every day for the past week! I haven't even gotten our Christmas cards done yet. In fact I haven't even started on them. Tomorrow Davis gets to go see "Santa" at Prostrollo's so if any of those pictures turn out good I hope to use one of those on the Christmas card. Don't be surprised if you all get your cards after Christmas this year :)!!
Jeff's been busy out in the shop. He has to move snow in the yard and wouldn't you know it that the darn plow truck won't work. He was out yesterday morning moving snow with the tractor in -42 below windchill. He said he was cold all day...couldn't get warm! Sad thing is this year he got the plow truck all ready for the winter...in years past he hasn't done any of that. He said it was a big waste of time! He's hoping to get it fixed here in the next few days.
On Saturday night we went to Cade's 2nd Birthday party. We had a great time! Hard to believe he's already 2! It sure was nice seeing them all!
Other then that that's about it at our house! I'll post some recent pictures of Davis in the next few days. I have some great video's too but for some reason I can't post them to You*Tube, Blogger or Face*Book. Not sure what's up with that. Oh well I'll keep trying I guess! Hope everyone has a great week! God's Blessings to you all! STAY WARM!!!!
4 comments:
It's amazing how fast they learn and how fast they grow!
Glad to hear that you didn't have to drag him out in the frigid cold!
I am glad the new daycare is working out for you. That is always a scary deal.
It is really starting to look a lot like Christmas with all this snow. I like it...what is Christmas without snow.
I am glad he is doing so well at the new daycare!!! It's always an adjustment for mommy and Davis but it sounds like everything is going great!
Glad to hear all is well. That Davis is sure growing fast! Rolling around already! Crazy!
Glad to hear that your new daycare is going well. It is always tough to switch..
Post a Comment