Friday, June 05, 2009

Let the Craziness Begin....

Well tractor pulling officially starts today! Jeff has his first pull in Rock Valley, Iowa tonight. Davis and I will be going to cheer him on. Last year I didn't make it to many pulls due to being hugely pregnant so this summer we should be able to hit them all! I just hope Davis enjoys them! I got him some of those HUGE ear protector thingy's so hopefully he'll wear them. Don't want the poor kid to lose his hearing because of me not protecting his ears when he was little! I hope to take lots of pictures tonight and post them next week. I hope the weather holds out too!

Davis had to go to the Dr. yesterday. He's has had a cold for almost 2 weeks now and he started to run a low grade fever yesterday (which was a new symptom). So I thought I better just take him in to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or anything like that. He has an upper respiratory infection so the Dr. put him on antibiotic's for 10 days. She said his ears looked wonderful and his chest was clear so that's a good thing. But boy is he one snotty little guy! His poor little nose is bright red and sore from all the wiping. I asked her if it was ok to take him outside and to the Tractor pull and she said that that will be fine. Weather really has nothing to do with what he has...won't make it worse or anything like that. I will be taking LOTS of warm clothes for tonight though. This Rock Valley pull usually ends up being pretty cold! Davis is still his happy little self though...thankfully! I hope the antibiotic's kick in soon and help him get over this fast!

Our garden is looking awesome! We had some fresh spinach the other night and boy was that tasty! Jeff's been eating radishes and I think the lettuce is ready. YUM! Can't wait until we have tomato's and corn on the cob! Jeff's been taking really good care of the garden and it just looks perfect! I can't wait to can everything later this summer. That'll be my busy time! Love eating garden stuff in the middle of winter!

Not much else going on at our house. Was hoping to go rummaging tomorrow in Dell Rapids but it doesn't sound like the weather is going to be the greatest. I guess we'll wait and see! Been finding lots of good stuff at rummages. Let's just say Davis has clothes until he's about 4 years old now! Ha! Not all of them are from rummages though...we have lots of people that Jeff works with that have given us TONS of clothes. A lot of them are in almost new condition too. Davis is one stylin' little guy that's for sure :)!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend! God's Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Tess said...

Glad to hear Davis doesn't have anything serious. Hopefully he will be better soon.

The garden sounds like it is growing very well. This rain can't hurt that at all. I suppose know you just need a little sunshine to boost the growth!

Hope Jeff did well at the pull.