I just can't seem to keep up with my blog! Not even sure anyone still reads it but I thought I'd update today since I had a few minutes :)!
Davis turned 1 (yes my baby is now a toddler) on the 20th of July! So as of today that would make him 13 months old! So hard to believe he's a year old! It just seems like we were anticipating his birth and now he's a toddler! I didn't believe time would fly so fast but boy it sure has! We had a family birthday party for Davis on July 19th. It was a WONDERFUL time :)! Davis had a "farm" themed party even though have the decorations didn't get put out due to the wind. Oh well! It was still WONDERFUL! I made him a Pig cake. It turned out really really cute if I do say so myself. Davis LOVED it also! We grilled out hamburgers, hotdogs, had baked beans, potato salad, lemonade, iced tea and cake and ice cream. DELICIOUS! Of course after supper Davis got to open presents! We made the mistake of giving him his ride on tractor before he opened all the other presents so needless to say he had no interest in anything but his tractor. I had plenty of help opening Davis's presents though (Cade and Corey enjoyed themselves..ha)! Davis got lots of good stuff to play with. His 1st birthday party was GREAT. Thanks everyone for coming and for the presents!!
Davis started walking pretty much right after his birthday and hasn't stopped :)! He surely is a boy on the go! I think he only rests when he's sleeping. It's amazing to watch him toddle around the house. He just amazes us daily! He loves to "talk" and scream. It's funny because if Jeff and I are trying to have a conversation Davis has to contribute to it also. He usually ends up talking over us :)! He's eating really good and we made the big switch to whole milk which is going good. He liked it so we didn't have any problems. However getting him off the bottle might be a whole other story. So far we have him down to 4 (sometimes 5) bottles a day and we give him a sippy with meals and snacks. The little stinker will take some huge big drinks and then most of it ends up getting spit back out. I bought him a new sippy cup (different style) to see if he does better with this one. I was hoping he'd be one of those that would switch easily but I think we'll have our work cut out for us. Oh well...don't want him to grow up too fast!!
We've gone to a few tractor pulls this summer. Davis LOVES them. Actually that might be an understatement. He says tractor all the time when he sees tractors and he points and gets all excited. I think we have created a monster...he he :)! I'm thankful he likes them and Jeff is too. Jeff's done great with his pulling this year and is up in the points which is AWESOME considering his classes are really tough. We only have 2 left and the season is over...hard to believe!
I managed to get a few things canned out of our garden. I did dill pickles and some sweet pickles, 12 pints of sweet relish, froze some carrots and snow peas, and made lots of zucchini products. I'm trying to freeze as much zucchini bread as I can but we eat it like there is no tomorrow so it's kinda hard to keep it stocked up :)! I haven't gotten any green beans done yet and am not sure I'll have time. We have tons of squash that I should do something with and my tomato's and green peppers are just starting to be ready. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to do more canning. I enjoy it but it's a lot of work and right now my main focus is on Davis.
Otherwise we have just been enjoying our summer. Again it's hard to believe that summer is almost done. I'm ready for fall though...I LOVE that time of year. I like being able to run around in my sweatshirts and jeans on a daily basis and not roast :)! Plus if it's not too warm Davis and I can be outside a lot more!! After pulling is done Jeff, Davis and I probably will hit some State Parks on the weekends, maybe even the Zoo in Sioux Falls. Who knows! Anytime we can spend together is always great...doesn't matter what we are doing :)!
Well that's our update. Busy, Busy, Busy but good Busy (if there is such a thing..ha)! I'll post some pictures later next week of Davis's party and of his 1 year pictures at Penny's (I've also posted them on Face*book if you want to look there).
God's Blessings to you all!
3 comments:
I still come and check everyday!
Thanks for the update!!!
I still read it!! I have been struggling too to get posting done so you are not alone. The sad thing is I really enjoy it, I just can't seem to get a minute in to do it. Humm.. I gotta work on it!
Davis sounds like he is growing up to fast!!! It is great that he loves the pulls. That is awesome. Sippy cups, def.. search until you find a style that works. WE had to try several before Micah found the ONE! After a while we ended up getting away from sippies and just going with the cups with lids and straws. He really loved those once he learned how to drink through a straw. Better for his teeth too!
I read! I read!
SO glad you are doing great! Can't wait to go check out Davis' pictures.
Post a Comment