I thought for sure we had lucked out with Davis and we weren't going to go through this phase but unfortunately separation anxiety has reared it's ugly head. Davis had been home with me most of last week because we were sick. I don't know why it's started now but I sure hope it ends as quickly as it began!
I am flattered that Davis wants to be with me all the time...ha! Even at home if he can't see me, he's yelling "Momma, Momma" until I either tell him I'm still in the house or present myself to him. Davis use to LOVE going to daycare. I'd have a hard time getting him to leave with me when I'd come to get him. In the mornings at drop off time, he would want down right when we got their and he'd run to the playroom...not even looking back. Now I have to peel him off me or if he does go to the daycare lady, he starts bawling before I even turn around to head out the door. I've had to hand him over and walk out immediately. I hate doing that...breaks my heart to just leave but I think that's what I have to do. He's so happy to see me when I come to get him now and is so happy on the ride home. The ride to daycare in the morning is horrible too. Davis knows the route to daycare and the instant I turn a certain corner he's bawling and crying "Momma".
My poor daycare lady too is just baffled by this. He use to be such an easy going child and now this separation anxiety thing has thrown her for a loop too. She said Davis is fine if he can hang out with her in the kitchen while the other kids play in the playroom. He doesn't want to have anything to do with the playroom for some reason or the kids. He use to love playing with the kids. It's very strange. She's very understanding though and lets him hang out with her in the kitchen and living room. I am so happy she is so accommodating to him. She really is a wonderful daycare provider and we are super lucky we found her :). I hope for all our sakes this phase doesn't last long :)!
On a lighter note.. we have been spending a lot of time outside! Davis LOVES to explore the yard, sitting on Daddy's tractor's, play in his sandbox and playing with Jakie or as Davis calls him "Geekie". We run all over the yard for hours at a time. Davis sleeps really well too after all the playtime. I'm so happy spring is here. I wasn't sure how in the world I was going to entertain Davis in the house anymore. He was SOOOOO BORED with everything. He's much much happier now that we can be outside. And I am too :)!!! Sunshine and warmth = One happy Momma and toddler :)!
Davis is already 20 1/2 months old which just doesn't even seem possible. I've actually been trying to think of themes for his 2nd birthday already. I'm a planner...ha! And his birthday will be here before we know it. Each day he amazes us with something new he has learned. I just love watching him grow up...even though he's growing up way too fast! God has blessed us in so many ways :)!!!
Today we're having lunch with Miah and Colter. Davis has been so excited since I told him last night we were meeting up with them. He actually says Colter's name...which comes out clear as day. It's really cute! Then after that we'll probably go home, play outside for awhile and nap :)! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to you all!!!
2 comments:
Are there any new children at the daycare that he could be scared of?
Also ... my son has extremely sensitive hearing, and kids can be unpredictable with their volume (as you can imagine), it could be why he prefers to stay with an adult rather than other children. I don't know if that is the case with Davis, but it's just something to watch for in the future.
I hope this separation anxiety goes away quickly for you guys! Micah will do that from time to time but we can usually talk him out of having an issue with it.
After reading your blog, the thought did cross my mind that maybe something happened that scared or hurt him. Did he get bit or anything like that?
Also, alot if it probably is the fact that you have been home with him. That often times sets them off. They like that and don't want it to change!!!
Good luck and hopefully it will all be short lived!! :)
Post a Comment