Saturday, April 03, 2010

Sickies

We have not been a healthy bunch at our house for the last week or so. Not a good time when all 3 of us in the household are sick!! Davis and I went to the Dr. on Monday and both got on antibiotics. Jeff didn't think he needed to go to the Dr. so he's just been battling through without antibiotics. To be honest Davis and I didn't even start feeling better until yesterday. Davis is still coughing a lot and of course has runny nose. I still have the stuffy nose with the sinus pain. Jeff said he's feeling better too but of course his head is still all stuffy. This illness really threw us all for a loop. Of course we have to all get sick at the same time too. Isn't that the way it always goes! Thankfully we are on the mend...now hopefully we can stay healthy!

We were suppose to go to Mom and Dad's this weekend for Easter but had to change our plans. We're still going to go but at a later date. I am bummed out because this is the first Easter we won't be there since they have been down in Iowa. Oh well...we'll celebrate Easter at a later date with them. And hopefully we'll all be healthy by then!!

Today I have to go out to get some things for Davis's Easter Basket. I was going to buy stuff when we got to Mom and Dad's but now I have to go to town this afternoon and get some stuff. I can't wait :)! He didn't have an Easter basket last year because he was only 8 1/2 months old. This year I hope to buy him a few goodies, some gardening tools, some bath toys and maybe a book or two. He's too little for sidewalk chalk and bubbles yet. Maybe I'll get him some more crayons (however he still tries to eat those..ha). I thought gardening tools would be good so he can "help" us with the garden this summer. I think he'll enjoy that :)!

Davis got to touch his first caterpillar the other day. We were telling him to be gentle with it but he poked it and grabbed it. I thought for sure the poor little thing was going to get squished. But Jeff got it from Davis and put it back in the garden. Davis loves bugs and things like that (gross). I bet I'll find frogs and things in his pockets when he's older! He loves dirt too...he was grabbing handfuls and letting it run through his fingers the other day. He's all boy that's for sure and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Even though we've all been sick we've been trying to get outside when it's nice. I usually have Davis in a coat and stocking cap. He just runs and runs and runs. He sleeps so good too after he's been outside. He's really starting to express himself more and he's getting easier to understand. He's making sentences :)! Today he told me "Daddy clean tractor". He also loves to say "I run, I run" and he can say Jakes name even though it comes out as "Geek". It's just too precious. Davis just amazes me daily with what he learns. He's so much fun :)! I love watching the world through the eyes of my child. It's amazing and wonderful and really puts things into perspective!

Hopefully this afternoon we can get outside again. It's sunny but cooler today. Doesn't look like the wind is blowing too bad right now. Who knows what the afternoon will bring. I hope everyone has a Happy Easter. God's Blessings to you all. And I promise one of these days I'll post some pictures :)!

No comments: