Well today is the day...Tractor Pulling Season is beginning! Let me just say that Davis has been asking to go to a tractor pull now for the past few weeks. I don't think I'll mention anything about it when we get home from daycare this afternoon because I want him to take his nap...LOL! A too excited Davis = NO NAP! However I think he'll probably ask me first thing when I go to get him if it's time to go to the Pull. He's smart like that...the kid doesn't forget ANYTHING!!!
Jeff's excited too. He's been polishing his truck and getting everything ready to go for a week now. His tractor is in Inwood so he'll just have to stop to get it before heading to Rock Valley. I think he's got a few things he wants to do to it before he heads to Rock Valley...you know make it look pretty (or since it's a tractor maybe I should say handsome...can you describe a tractor as handsome??)! We have a tractor pull or two every weekend now until July. There is a few week break in July that will probably be much welcomed and then things start back up again for a crazy month in August.
I'm happy the weather is decent today. Doesn't look like we'll need our winter coats tonight like in years past. Seriously a few years ago you almost needed coveralls and a parka after the sun went down. I'm excited to watch Jeff pull, take pictures and watch the excitement through Davis's eyes. Love doing that...watching the world through the eyes of my child. I also love tractor pull food and the fact that I get a night off from cooking.....YIPPEEE!!!! Bring on the pizza, hotdogs and nachos!
Other news: Our garden is growing like crazy. Can't wait to eat all the fresh stuff. Looks like we'll probably be eating lettuce and spinach here in the next few weeks. Been making some rhubarb things...not as much as I would have liked. Our strawberries have flowers on them so they should be producing strawberries very soon. Wish the tomato's were fast like the spinach and lettuce...oh well it's a good test of patience!
Davis is loving the weather and being outside. Did I happen to mention he's sleeping better now with all the fresh air...LOL! Maybe I shouldn't say that because seems like when I start "bragging" about that kinda stuff we take 2 steps back. I already ordered all the stuff for his 3rd birthday (which isn't until July 20). Yes I'm a planner like that. Got the menu and guest list all ready too. I have to get the invitations made yet but that should be a piece of cake. Super excited for his birthday party...not spilling the beans on the theme though. Have to wait to see pictures after the big party on the 17th of July! Davis got a PowerWheels Jeep and he's quite the driver. He LOVES going around in circles and talking on the "phone" while he's driving (and so that begins..LOL)! He's also learning to pedal his 3 wheeler and is getting it but it's so hard to pedal and get the thing moving on the gravel driveway. He's discovered sidewalk chalk and has a BLAST with that. Of course he mostly like drawing on our deck but hey why not especially since we have limited sidewalks and cement out there. He's such a WONDERFUL little guy and we just LOVE HIM TO PIECES!!!!
So that's life in a nutshell at the moment. I am going to attempt to take some pictures tonight so hopefully I'll get them up on here and on Facebook. Have a great weekend everyone! God's Blessings!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment