Thursday, June 30, 2011

Technology Woes and other happenings

This past week I have been some what "technically challenged" so to speak. It all started Saturday when I dropped my cell phone in (of all places) the toilet! YUCK!!! I was so not amused but plunged in there after it as quick as my reflexes would allow. I dried it off and amazingly it worked...but then it died like 10 minutes later. So I took it apart and let it dry out in the diaper bag. Hey I had Quarry Day doings to attend and enjoy so the least of my worries was my cell phone...ha!! So after getting home that afternoon I was told to put my phone in a bowl/bag of rice to help it dry out. I figured why not try it. Well 24 hours later my "little phone that could" was back to it's old self. Or so I thought! As I was talking to my Mom, it hung up all by itself..no warning, nothing...just up and hung up on her! Then it proceeded to scroll through my contact list and other lists on my phone...all by itself. It would beep randomly too...no reason except for the fact that apparently it was fried and no amount of rice was going to fix it...LOL!

So Monday found Jeff and I at the cell phone store, picking out new phones and upgrading our cell phone package. I can now receive text messages (I know...I'm behind on the times...ha)! Jeff got a Smartphone...I just got a Samsung which I think is just totally cute and does everything I need it to do (including playing some really fun ringtones with a dance kinda beat)! Davis and I like to jam out and ham it up previewing my ringtones. We spent 2 hours in the cell phone store because apparently I'm not the only person who has bad luck with their phones...ha! One guy dropped his in some water and I heard another say he lost half of his flip phone and screen while riding on his motorcycle! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I've had computer issues at work and today when I got here my radio has just up and died. It's still plugged in but nothing and I mean nothing is working on it. Totally bizarre! I am so thankful for headphones and Pandora :)!! And to top it all off...at home our air conditioner is on the fritz! Yup it waits until the hottest 2 days of summer to finally decide it's tired and needs to retire. Thankfully Jeff found a used window air conditioner, which has now found a home in our livingroom. I just hope it doesn't burn the house down while we are at work! Oh and how could I forget that the blower motor went out in the Tahoe but thankfully Jeff was able to replace that pretty quickly last night :)!

I'm ready for a break from "technology" and am looking forward to the 4th of July weekend. With it being so hot I'm pretty sure we'll be in the pool (well Davis will be anyway). He got a new pool and yesterday he swam for 2 1/2 hours. He was so excited to swim in it that he didn't take his nap. Ok so that's not a good thing but thankfully he wasn't too crabby (that came later, at bedtime..go figure...ha)! It's so much fun to watch him enjoy himself so much and get so excited about things like this :)! There are pictures on Facebook if you want to see him enjoying himself (I had Blogger issues and for some reason couldn't upload my photos...ha...another technology problem...LOL)!!

Despite all my "woes" this week I am so very thankful for everything we have...we have our health, our families, jobs, food on the table, etc., etc., etc. I have heard of a lot of people who have real hardships (cancer, stroke, stillbirth, miscarriage, etc.) and my "woes" are nothing compared to what those people are going through. I'm so thankful to God for all my blessings. Saying a prayer for all those who are struggling and going through some real hardships.

God's blessings to you all! Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments: