
It's quite the sight to see us mowing the lawn. Jeff gets out the B Farmall with the belly mower and I get out my trusty push mower...and we're off! I try to get done as quick as I can. The mower protests by shooting out gray blue smoke and sputters some as I fly around the yard as fast as I can. Faster, faster...get that mowing done. I try to see how much I can get done before Jeff gets home from work. By the time he gets home, the mower has run out of gas and I sit there helpless because I don't know how to put gas in it. I might have to have him show me sometime! After re-fueling my trusty mower....he hops on his. Around and around he mows. He usually takes a quick break for supper and Wheel of Fortune (our nightly routine). After stuffing our bellies we usually go out to finish up around the yard. I tend to the flowers and Jeff finishes the mowing. The yard looks nice for a day or two and then it's back to manic mowing once again! Quite the site!
As far as last Saturday goes...we did have our "parade" or I should say the Dell Rapids Tractor Pull. Wasn't sure if it was going to happen...about the time we were to leave Madison, it clouded up and looked like it could rain. GO FIGURE!! But it held off and we managed to have a great pull! In the 6700lb. class, Jeff got 3rd (darn John Deere) and in the 7500lb. Jeff got 2nd (yes that Deere beat him again)! He did great and I'm always so proud seeing him out there! We have another pull on July 1st in Hull, Iowa. Hopefully this year isn't as windy (I was literally covered in a fine layer of dirt/dust last year by the time the pull was done). Jeff usually does great at this pull. I'll post the results after the pull!
Here's to health and happiness! God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment