Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let it Grow


I can't believe how fast our garden has been growing! This year we have been trying to take pictures every 10 days or so to document the progress and we were SHOCKED the other day when we took the pictures! We think everything has tripled in size in just 10 days! We would like to say that it's because of our green thumbs and the tender loving care given to the garden, but we know that God has a major hand in allowing our garden to grow. The weather has been perfect...Some rain, some sun, not too hot...PERFECT!!!

This year we planted a few more things then last year. We expanded our garden this year also. In the corners of the garden we have potato plants. At one end we have a small (very small...only 10 total I think) row of onions, at the other end we have 4 cherry tomato plants, 4 Big Boy tomato plants, 4 green pepper plants and 4 jalapenos plants. Some of you may be wondering why jalapenos...Well lets just say I wasn't paying much attention when I bought the plants...Enough said :)! We also have a row of regular peas, a row of sugar snap peas, a row and a half of green beans, a 1/2 row of radishes (and boy are they tasty...Jeff won't touch them so I get to eat them all), and we have 1 lone cucumber plant (in the garden). In another patch outside our regular garden we have some zucchini plants and I also planted more cucumbers (since Jeff loves them). Our strawberry patch is along side our garage away from the other gardens...We didn't get strawberries this year..Hopefully next! Sounds like a lot of stuff but compared to what my mom and dad use to do in Dell Rapids this is nothing!

We plan to try our hand at canning this summer..not sure how that'll all go but it's worth a try anyway! If anyone has any tips...send them our way! That's it for now. I'll post more after the Tractor Pull on Saturday.

God's blessing to everyone!

No comments: