This time of year is always kind of cRaZy for us as we start planning where we have to be and what's going on from Thanksgiving until Christmas. Some years we fly by the seat of our pants and just do the last minute planning thing. Not this year...nope we are ORGANIZED this year (and it's not even Thanksgiving yet)!
We have a plan in action for Thanksgiving. We won't get to go see my parents this Thanksgiving though. Last Thanksgiving was like this too. My Mom came up the weekend before Thanksgiving to celebrate with us all. My Dad was suppose to come but ended up with the flu right before they had to leave. Then Jeff and I headed down to Mom and Dad's the weekend after Thanksgiving to celebrate a late Thanksgiving with my Dad (and Mom got in on another Thanksgiving..he he)! We have lots of stuff planned for Thanksgiving this year and also that weekend too. I'm sure it'll involve TONS of food (it always does).
Christmas is going to be just as CrAzY! We have a plan of action for Christmas though too so I guess I know what to expect. The only thing we can't predict is the weather (and this time of year it can be very unpredictable..just ask the weathermen)! We will have 4 Christmas' in the span of a weeks time! Not that I'm complaining...because it's a great time celebrating Jesus' birth with family!
So is everyone else's holidays as cRaZy as ours?
On another note..sorry I haven't posted any pictures of the chickens yet. We didn't let them out at all yesterday because it was too windy and too cold! I might try to take a few of them today though...so stay tuned :)! Jeff is battling a cold and I'm sure I'll have it here in the next few days too...I already kinda have a scratchy throat. I'm glad it's Thursday...I'm so ready for the weekend!
I made Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes for supper last night and boy were they DELICIOUS! I'll post the recipe on our Recipe blog in the next few days. Tonight I'm on my own for supper so nothing too exciting (probably left over pancakes)! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday! God's Blessings to you all!
7 comments:
Oooooohh, your pancakes sound yummy!
I love the holidays and all the food! My down fall.
Our holiday season is usually pretty interesting to plan. With all the step families, its interesting trying to get everyone together at the same time.
Our Christmas is just as Crazy...but at least everyones homes that we go to are within a short driving distance! I also get the honor of hosting my family every year...not sure if it's an honor or not!
Our holidays are usually pretty simple. We have a small family. Thanksgiving is with both sides of the family at our house. Usually the weekend before Christmas we have Christmas in Pierre with my family and Christmas Day we are here with Mark's parents. Not too exciting but we love it!
Your pancakes do sounds yummy!! I am hungry now!!
I'm excited to hear everyones plans for the holidays. You know how I am feeling, but I know our holidays will be great and I am thankful to have Alicia here with us for this last season before she is off and married. Hopefully they will be close enough to come home for special occasions.
I'll be looking forward to the recipe. I just love getting new ideas to feed the crew.
Aww, I hope you and Jeff are feeling better soon!
Christmas is lots of fun around here too. It's a bit crazy since Rich's family and our family celebrate with each side, so like you we end of having 4 Christmas' during the week as well. We've been trying to push my family to celebrate all together (with all the grandparents instead of doing it separately.) At this point, no body's budging. Ugh.
Anyway... can't wait to see the ducks!
Growing up our holidays were always crazy. Both my parents had 9 brothers and sisters so there was always tons of people and lots of get togethers. Having lived out of state for 9 of the last 10 holidays it will be nice to be a part of the craziness again. But, yes, it is cRaZy!! I still can't wait to see pictures of the chickens!! I love the new look of your blog and the picture of you and Jeff when you post a comment is really cute!!
Busy Busy....why o why does this time of year have to be so busy.
Those pancakes sound yummy. Another recipe I will have to check out.
Post a Comment