Monday, November 26, 2007

YIKES..Black Friday!

First off we had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. We spent all day Thursday in Inwood. It started with lunch at Lee and Judy's and ended with a big Blankespoor Thanksgiving feast at the church that evening. Talk about A LOT of FOOD! We drove back home that night and I tried to mentally prepare myself for Black Friday!


Tami, Judy and I met in Sioux Falls at 8:30 a.m. It wasn't too terrible at Walmart but after that we headed to Menards. Ok...CRAZY is the only word to describe this store. There were NO parking spaces and people were parking pretty much where ever they wanted! We got in there, got our stuff and got the heck outta dodge! Then we decided to be brave (that's probably the correct word to use) and head over to the Mall (clear across town..we were at the 10th street Walmart and Menards). As we got closer to the Mall we realized just how busy it truly was! We went and parked in the Sears parking lot (which was packed and it's NEVER packed on that side of the Mall). We headed to Yonkers so I could pick up a few Christmas presents. We got in there and there were PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! I kid you not the lines were almost out the door! I found what I was looking for and immediately we went to stand in line. That took us about 10 minutes (which wasn't too terrible considering the crowd). Then we got the heck outta that crazy place! Sears was a little better but not much! Those were the only two places we hit in the Mall.


We then decided it was time for lunch (it was 11:35) so we hit the Burger King by the Mall. There was actually parking spots and booths open in there so we lucked out. By the time we left though Burger King was NUTS too! After lunch we headed over to Target. Of course the parking lot was full. You should have seen the lot at Kohl's....CRAZINESS is the best way to describe it! We went into Target got a few things there and decided to call it a day. We had had enough of Black Friday! Tami, Judy and I decided this is NOT going to be a yearly tradition..he he :)!


When I got home...I took a much needed nap! I did manage to get 3 more people's Christmas shopping completed so I only have 2 or 3 people left to buy for. For us that's pretty good since we usually wait until the last minute to do our shopping...ha!


Saturday Jeff and I put up Christmas decorations on the outside of the house. We realized though that we need some new. We bought a whole bunch of new icicle lights last year at Pamida and they were burned out the instant we put them on the house last year. Needless to say those are going in the trash. Out of three strands only one works! So I think this weekend we'll be heading to the store to buy more. Maybe some of those fancy ones that don't go out even if there is a burned out bulb, broken bulb, or loose bulb. We'll see I guess!


Saturday night we were off again...headed to Hull, Iowa this time for Judy's side's Thanksgiving. Again there was TONS OF FOOD! We did a soup buffet kind of thing and then there was about 15 different kinds of desserts and some BBQ sandwiches. We all left there stuffed. It was nice getting together with everyone and chatting. Jeff and I again drove home that night. Yesterday we drove to Inwood for church and lunch with everyone. I'm not sure how many miles we logged this weekend but it was quite a few :)!


This morning started off in typical Monday fashion. I was only about 1/4 mile from home and heard this clunking from the rear of our car. So I pulled over and I had run over this VERY LARGE screw/nail thing. It scratched the car right above the tire...which didn't make me very happy at all. And this thing was so huge I couldn't even pull it out. So I called Jeff who had just left for work. He wasn't picking up his cell phone (I tried him 3 times before I realized he must have left it at home or had it on vibrate or something). So I called his work and left a message for him to come rescue me. He finally called me on his cell phone (after I hung up on him 2 times trying to figure out the darn call waiting...good grief)! He was able to pull the screw/nail out but the tire pressure dropped right away...he drove it home and fixed it up for me. I was only 15 minutes late for work! But now it's been smooth sailing..hopefully the tire is up when I leave from work..he he. Thanks honey for rescuing me!


Happy Monday everyone! God's Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

Tess said...

Sounds like you had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with your families! Gotta love all the food this time of you! Crazy!

Wow, you braved the crazies too! I can't believe how out of control people can get over shopping and sales! I don't think I could handle the early crowd. I think I would end up in a padded cell! LOL

Hope your tire holds up and your fender can be repaired. That is not a good way to start the week off! Hope it gets better!!
Have a great week Erin!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Whew...busy weekend! A soup buffet sounds awesome...I love soups!

Too bad your experience on Black Friday wasn't the greatest....we went out and had a great time...of course I wasn't in SF either....way more people there.

Tracy said...

We were also in SF and yikes, people are crazy indeed! I might continue to go shopping on Black Friday but I will NEVER, EVER go at 4am. 10am was good enough for me!!

Lori said...

That Black Friday shopping does sound crazy too me. I would've wanted to get the heck out of dodge too.
Glad you did find some good deals though.

Sounds like you had some great Thanksgiving celebrations with all that yummy food.

Sorry to hear about your flat tire. Hope the rest of your weeks goes better.

the boedecker family said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving all around!! I can't imagine how crazy it had to be shopping that early in the day, we went in the evening and it was busy! I wish I was as far along as you in shopping, way to be on top of it!!

Jamey said...

I can't imagine what Friday was like because Saturday was still INSANE!!

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving with a lot of miles traveled and some good bargains found. That's a good weekend!

That stinks about your tire. But at least Jeff was able to fix it. Thank goodness for husbands, right?

Just Mom said...

Only 15 minutes late for work. That's impressive.


I shopped on Black Friday, but not I was surprised by how quickly I got through the checkout counter at Target.

Jamie said...

Holy Smokes....you just tired me out reading all that! Woofta!! :)

Sounds like you had a great start to your Monday too!! I hope your week gets better for ya!!