Well we woke up this morning to discover that a cat had attacked our ducks. It managed to kill one of the nine we have. Poor duck...unfortunately that's just how it is out on the farm :( . Now we are trying to figure out where we could put the ducks at night. I highly doubt they will go in any where since they love to just roam around the yard. At this rate we won't have any ducks left when Spring comes. The sad thing is the ducks sleep right up by the house in the middle of the driveway. That cat had some nerve...and also to attack right by Jake's kennel. Such a bummer! It's not like we are really attached to the ducks because they won't let you anywhere near them but you still like them (does that make sense). We didn't want anything like this to happen to them and now it has. We have lost quite a few this past year! I really hope we don't lose anymore.
The other ducks are now quite a ways away from the house sleeping out in the snow. The bad thing with a cat is they can get to ducks just about anywhere they hide (like under our deck or under a car). There is no where for them to go except in a building...but like I said they aren't going to like that and catching them is a whole other story in itself.
On a lighter note I think we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday. Jeff plowed the driveway and yard for most of the day yesterday while I stayed in the nice warm house. It would have been the perfect day to bake Christmas cookies yesterday but I'm not going grocery shopping until Wednesday so I didn't have all the stuff I needed. So I played lazy yesterday instead :)! We ended up just staying home from the Christmas party last night too. Decided it was just too crappy out. Today we stayed home from Inwood too since the roads still aren't all that great. Lee said the roads by Inwood were still kinda icy. So now we are just hanging out here today (on the look out for that darn cat).
God's Blessings to you all!
7 comments:
I feel bad when I see a smashed squirrel on the street. I totally know what you mean. Hopefully, that was the last duck to go down.
Hope your staying warm!
That's too bad about your duck. Too bad they don't have enough sense to go inside!
We stayed home most of yesterday too. We did venture out right away in the morning before it got too bad. We were home just before the rain and baked/played the rest of the day. It was a good day to be lazy!
Sorry about your duck. :-(
BTW ... it's OK to play "lazy" once in a while. We can't do everything.
Poor ducks...you may just have to get rid of the cat before it gets rid of all the ducks!
Sorry about your duck...I about have a heart attack when a squirrel or cat run out into the street. :(
Glad you got to have a lazy weekend!!!
OH, poor duckie's. I just wish these dang animals could get along! Hopefully they will start to fight off the cat.
We stayed home most of the weekend too. I didn't get any Christmas baking done, but we did manage to get Chili and Spaghetti Sauce made for our freezer.
Have a great week!!!! Stay warm!
Poor little ducky :(
Post a Comment