Well the shopping trip to Walmart was a success. I would have to say though that it was a complete ZOO! I think I might have to start shopping in the mornings and then just work the afternoon I go shopping. I have a feeling mornings are much much better! I had my cart filled to the top..it was almost overflowing! When I went though the check out they had to put it all in 2 carts! They had to get a stock boy to come help me wheel my purchases out to the car! The lady at the check out line said to me "This is a lot of stuff." I told her I was buying for the whole month of December. Probably looked like I have a family of 15 at home to feed..he he :)! It took me 2 hours to do all my shopping but boy are our cupboards, fridge and freezer FULL! Plus I got all my baking supplies.
I'll start my baking tomorrow. I think it's suppose to be kinda cold and maybe even snowy tomorrow so that'll be perfect! I might have to put my Christmas Story video in and watch that while I bake. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! I have already watched it once this year. I also like Elf (seen it 3 times already this year) and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (haven't seen that one yet this year). I love all the holiday specials and shows on TV this time of year!
Jeff got a "newer" snowmobile a few days ago. It's a Polaris RMK. He's pretty excited about it since that's the one he's wanted for awhile now. I don't have a newer one yet but we're still looking. I guess we'll see what happens...if we find one or not. I think our Spearfish trip will take place in either January or February of 2008. We will be discussing that with Tami, Alan and Brian this weekend. It was a BLAST last year and we can't wait to do it again.
Tonight is Pizza Hut night at our house...which means no cooking..yippeee! I have been looking forward to Pizza Hut for the last 2 weeks...sad I know :)! All I want is the breadsticks and the sauce...YUM! Ok I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I also might try to talk Jeff into driving around looking at Christmas lights while we are in town. That's always fun too...I look forward to that each and every year!
All the animals are doing well. We have been getting 1 egg every other day from 1 of our 9 hens. Jeff was going to check today to see if we have any more. They seem to be adjusting to their new environment. Jake still likes to have a staring contest with the rooster. Watch out if that thing ever gets loose...I think he'll go straight for the dog...Poor Jake :)! The ducks seem to be doing fine also. No casualties to report as of this morning..which is good. I hope whatever attacked stays away!
Well that's it for now. I don't think I'll be doing much this afternoon. Relaxing sounds kinda nice..and looking forward to Pizza Hut (hey it's the little things that thrill me the most)! We hope everyone has a great weekend! Oh and I've been posting new recipes daily on our Recipe Blog. Go check them out. After I make some of these goodies this weekend I might have to take some pictures so everyone can see what they can make with the recipe I typed up. God's Blessings to everyone!
4 comments:
You've got to tell me how you menu plan for a month at a time. I'm still a weekly planner (and I've kind of fallen off the wagon lately).
Have fun eating your pizza, and have a wonderful weekend.
Can't wait to check out your recipe blog.
It still amazes me you shop once a month! Crazy lady!
I hope the baking went well!!
mmmm, bread sticks.....
Post a Comment