Well Jeff and I started our Child Birth Classes last Monday. So tonight will be night 2 of 5 weeks. It's a very small class. There are only 4 couples (including us) in the class which is really really nice. All of us with exception of one are due right around the same time too. Last week our instructor started right in on Relaxation techniques and tonight I think we'll be doing more of the same. It's so funny to watch the men's expressions. You can tell they don't really want to be there but they are there to support their wives and soon to be born babies :)! Jeff's already proven to be a champion contraction timer :)! Of course it's easy to stay calm when you know it's fake! With my luck I'll go into labor while he's at a tractor pull and have to time them myself until he gets home! Time will tell I guess!
We both took a snow day on Friday due to the lovely (note the sarcasm) snow storm we received Thursday/Friday. We got 7 inches of snow and it was blowing like crazy! Our gravel road was horrible. In fact our new neighbor down the road was never warned about how nasty our road gets and he tried to get to work early Friday morning. Needless to say...he was banging on our door at 5:30 a.m. asking for Jeff's help. It's scary hearing someone pounding on the door at that hour. Jeff got up, got our 4 wheel drive truck out and helped out our neighbor. The poor guy even fried his transmission trying to get himself out. So now Jeff is going to fix that for him too! What a way to meet the new neighbors huh?! Someone finally came to blade off the road on Saturday afternoon so we were able to drive a car on it again. Hopefully this is the last time we have to deal with snow this spring!
Due to the weather we laid pretty low this weekend. I caught a cold and didn't feel 100% so I really didn't do much this weekend. Jeff put up some closet doors in our computer room and painted them white. This is going to be extra storage for us. That'll be nice because we are always looking for storage in our house (Old farm houses do NOT have lots of closets..he he)! We are going to Menards to buy some shelves to put in this new closet too. We also started discussing what color we are going to paint the nursery (light blue with white trim) and also talked about painting the hallway upstairs and the computer room. It's amazing what a coat of fresh paint will to do spruce up the place!
It's back to the grind today. I have a little catching up to do at work. When I get home I'll probably rest a little bit more as I am still fighting this cold (but am feeling better then Friday)! If I get really really motivated I might clean around the house a bit...you never know :)! I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! Sounds like it's suppose to be SPRING like this week...we can only hope! I promise too that one of these days I'll get a picture of my lovely belly on here...and that picture of me and Jeff from Easter! God's Blessings to you all!
8 comments:
"Of course it's easy to stay calm when you know it's fake!"
LOL! Yup. You guys will be great.
Take care of yourself.
I am sure hoping it warms up this week!!!!
Your hubby sounds like quite the trooper....mine got spooked when we took the classes.
Snow Snow Snow! Wow... when does it usually get warmer up there?
Sounds like your Baby Class is fun. I'm sure Jeff will be great!
It was so nice of ya'll to help out your new neighbor. I'm sure it was really appreciated!
Hope you have a great week!
I loved going to the birthing classes. Just remember, it is ok if you don't do exactly what they teach you. Things are a bit different when it REALLY happens!
You both will do fine!!
I remember going to those classes when I was pregnant with Dawson. The husbands were actually really funny to watch. They are all white as ghosts talking about all the birthing stuff. L*O*L
I am glad the weather is finally going to cooperate today!!!
I'm not quite sure how I found your blog (it was before I moved), but anyway, I'm glad I did! I'm stopping in after a long time away from visiting and posting, both of which I am now catching up on!
This brought back many memories of when I was expecting my first son. :-)
Vanessa
Very impressive Jeff! I couldn't even drag Al to a birthing class. During delivery, my bff was doing all the coaching, while Al looked on silently and looked like he was going to faint.
You earn mad points with me!!
Those classes, I remember seeing the faces of the guys as well! "Man, why are we here??" Haa
I hope you are feeling better. Colds sure do take a lot out of a person.
Post a Comment