Well we had our 30 week appointment today. Let's just say I need to lay off the nightly ice cream! The scale was not kind to me today! I'm sure it was because I was wearing a sweatshirt and couldn't take my tennis shoes off before I weighed..yup that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! My Doctor wasn't concerned but pointed out that in the last 6 weeks you gain between 1/2 to 1 lb. per week. So yup...I'll be laying off the ice cream and extra sweet snacks and I think portion control will become my friend again ;)!
As far as Munchkin is concerned he is doing really good. I measured a week ahead this time (31 inches). I asked my Doctor what position she thought he was in. Right now he's sideways (or transverse). She said she won't worry about that until 36 weeks and then she hopes he'll be head down. His heartbeat was in the 150/160 range again today which is excellent! My blood pressure was ok (138/80) and of course I had some sugar in my urine again. I told the Doctor what I ate for lunch (PB & J sandwich) and she said that was most likely the culprit! I knew that was going to happen but I didn't know what else to take for lunch today! So before my next appointment on June 4 I WILL NOT be eating a PB & J sandwich. I think I'll go back to the taco's at Taco John's..he he!! My Doctor is going on vacation after June 4th...thank goodness she's taking an early vacation. I was so worried she would decide that the end of July would be the perfect time to get away :)! I guess just because she's taking vacation at the beginning of June doesn't mean she can't take one again at the end of July but I have a feeling she'll be around!
Only 1 more week until my first baby shower! I'm getting excited for that! Then 2 weeks after that I have another one! FUN FUN FUN!! We have so much to do yet before this little guy gets here. But we are making some progress! I went rummaging again yesterday and found a few more items of clothing. Let me tell ya'...I'm outta control :)! I plan to stop buying baby clothes now and wait to buy things until after the showers. Probably should be saving money for diapers and formula!!
I also had a major pregnancy moment today. I had to run back to work after my Doctor's appointment to forward all the calls to my cell phone (boss is gone until next Thursday) and I parked in the front of the office on our main street. Well some girl and her boyfriend parked right next to me and he could barely get out of their car. I watched so he wouldn't ding my car. Anyway I was leaving at the time they were getting out of the car and tried to get into mine. There was NO WAY I was going to be able to squeeze into my car with the little space I was able to open my door. Needless to say I was NOT HAPPY about how this girl parked. It was horrible. So I ended up going back into the office for a few more minutes waiting for them to come outta the bank. I know they saw me trying to get into my car when they were walking across the street but they went right on in...didn't come to move the car or anything. I'm sure I provided a little entertainment for them. But when they were leaving I went outside to get into my car. I saw the boyfriend doing motions with his hands on how close she was to my car. At least I assume that's what they were for and not motioning how big I am..he he :)! I can laugh about it now but at the time I was not pleased! However I LOVE MY BELLY and I'm glad it's the size it is :)!!!!
Only 1 more week also until the first tractor pull. I sure hope the weather is better then it is today. This wind is about to drive me nuts! I think it's blowing about 35 mph right now. This morning at around 5:00 a.m. it was really blowing. I thought for sure all our singles on the house were going to be in the next county...same with Jeff's new flag pole he got a week ago. But everything fared pretty good except for his bird feeder...but he got it all fixed up this noon hour.
No big plans for the weekend. Probably will stick close to home on Memorial Day. I guess it all depends on what the weather does! We hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! God's Blessings to you all!!
7 comments:
The wind took out two of our trees in our front yard this morning. That must have been some wind gust.
Glad you're loving your belly. :-D
Don't even get me started on the wind...
You should have gotte in your car from the passenger side door! It would have been a great workout to try to climb into the driver's seat!
So glad to hear that things are going good for you and the little "munchkin" as you put it! You are going to have so much fun with him when he decides to arrive.
AHHHH! People who park to close drive me nuts!! I could really get on my soap box here, but I won't :)
Glad to hear all is well with munchkin! Thanks for the update!
The wind, good gravy, what is going on with this weather??? If it isn't crazy windy, it is raining or it is freezing!! It is almost June and we still have our heat on!!!
Have a great week!
That is too funny about you not being able to get into your car!! Although people that do that really make me mad!
Sounds like everything is going well with the pregnancy, that's great. It won't be long!
Good luck to Jeff in his 1st tractor pull! Can you believe it's that time again already!!
oh you poor thing, I can't believe they didn't come back to help you get in your car. Sometimes I just don't understand people these days!
I'm glad your appointment went so well... mmmm... pb&j.. yep, that'll knock that sugar right up there!
hope you are having a wonderful week!!!
I am rolling with laughter at the thought of you trying to get into your car. ;O) I've been there. What amazes me though, is how rude people can be towards a pregnant woman.
Post a Comment