Friday, May 30, 2008

Weather Issues and Other Things...

Well we got a call from Lee yesterday saying that Rock Valley's Test and Tune Benefit Pull has been re-scheduled for Saturday at 4:00. Not good! It just so happened that it worked out perfect that it was scheduled for tonight at 6:30 and tomorrow was completely and totally free. Of course the rainy weather did this! Rock Valley had about 2 inches of rain yesterday at the time Lee called (sometime in the afternoon) and I wouldn't doubt they got more last night as there were big storms going though that area. The reason it was so perfect that it was scheduled for tonight was because my parents are driving up today to spend the whole weekend with all of us. My Mom is going to my shower tomorrow and then her and Dad were going to drive up to our place and hang out with us all evening. They will be leaving on Sunday. Well with the pull being on Saturday now poor Jeff doesn't know what to do. I already know I'll be hanging out with my parents. I did want to attend the pull but it's not like I'm the one driving the tractor so technically I don't have to be there even though I love watching Jeff.

Jeff has to work tomorrow morning which again worked out just perfect since he would have all afternoon free. I wish they would have just re-scheduled it for next Saturday..that would make things so much easier. He thought about just going to the pull which is suppose to start at 4 (they never start on time) and then coming home when he's done pulling. Sounds like a good plan but he probably still wouldn't be home until 8:00 or 8:30. He's not sure what to do..poor guy! We are going to be having brunch with everyone on Sunday morning so I guess if he doesn't get to hang out with us on Saturday everyone will get to see him Sunday. What to do, what to do! Darn weather!!

On a more positive note...I'm looking very forward to my 1st baby shower tomorrow. I'm so happy my parents are able to come up and Mom is able to attend the shower. Dad, Adam and Cade will probably be hanging out in the the basement while us ladies party upstairs :)! Don't worry I'll share all the details next week sometime :)!!

Our garden is up. That's one positive of all the rain. The rain really helped everything sprout up yesterday. My poor cherry tomato's took a beating from the rain last night but now that the sun is out I'm sure they will bounce back. The chickens or ducks (not sure which ones) are finding some of my flowers to be quite tasty. Of course they eat off the petals and leave the stems. Jeff even put a little fence around all the flower beds thinking this would help. For some reason the chickens/ducks only pick a certain type of flower, ruin it and leave it be after that. Goofy birds! One of our ducks was trying to hatch a nest but she kept leaving it. So yesterday Jeff took her eggs and put them under one of our chickens who's also trying to hatch a nest. That should be interesting! We also borrowed an incubator from one of Jeff's co-workers to see if we can hatch out any chicken eggs this summer. We have some research to do yet before we attempt this! Jake is doing good. He loves exploring our grove and rolling in some really GROSS things (I'll spare you the details). Needless to say we don't pet him after he does this!

Well I guess that's it. So happy it's Friday!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to you all!!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

have a great weekend!

enjoy your baby shower!!

Just Mom said...

post photos of all those cute baby things you get. :-D

happy weekend.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

If the garden is up, that means the weeds are probably too....better go check mine out!

I'm with just mom....would love to see pics of all the new stuff you get at the shower.

Jamey said...

So how was the baby shower? I would also love to see pictures of the goodies you get. Fun!! I hope the tractor pull worked out for Jeff. Yeah for the garden coming up. That is one good thing about all this rain. We got 2 inches last night. crazy!!

Tess said...

Good luck Jeff!! I hope the pull goes well!

Ohhh, a baby shower!!! Have a great time and take lost of pictures!!!

Hummm, I have rabbits who are eating my flowers! They are up on my deck and in planters, still strip them clean! Dang animals!! I guess it is a good thing I am not to attached to the plants!!

Glad to hear all is going well!! Have a great week!

A mom said...

Rain is good, but is it ever going to stop?!!!!