Monday, June 30, 2008

Quarry Days Tractor Pull and Other Stuff...

Well we had another tractor pull this past Saturday. The weather was not the greatest. When we left home it was drizzling, it was about 68 degrees and the wind was blowing 20 to 40 mph. It was not the most ideal weather for a tractor pull but what do you do! So we left for Dells. I drove separate so I could leave the pull when Jeff was done pulling (I had visions of being home well before dark).

So on the way to Dell's it's raining some...we drove out of it a few times and by the time we got to Dell's it wasn't too bad. The sun even started to peak out a bit from time to time. The pull started at about 6:00 (typical tractor pull as it was suppose to start at 5:30...but we're use to that..he he). I kid you not about 30 minutes into the pull (if even) it started to RAIN! And not just any kind of rain...it was down pouring and the wind was making it a driving rain. Of course Judy and I were prepared...we had our umbrella's but they did us little good as the rain was to our backs soaking our backs and butts. Not fun. So finally we we end up getting up to go try to find somewhere dry. The ground was a MUDDY mess. I had on my croc's...ok not ideal footwear for a tractor pull (learned that real fast). Walking on mud was almost impossible and I was trying so hard not to hurry as I didn't want to fall and hurt myself or Little Munchkin. By the time we got to the trees it had kinda stopped. We were soaked! Of course after the rain came the sun for a little while...which dried us out some but I still had wet jeans when I went home that night!

After the down pour they had to re-work the track. It was all MUD! They worked it for over an hour. There was talk of postponing it but that idea got shot down. Finally about 7:30 or so they started pulling again. Of course Jeff's two classes are suppose to be at the beginning of the pull but for some reason they decided to run some bigger, heavier tractor's first. Then they ran one of Brian's classes...then finally they ran Jeff's first class. I think it was around 8:30 by the time Jeff got to do his first hook.

He did GREAT! The tractor ran really well and he ended up with 2nd place in the 8500 lb. class. I don't think Jeff got beat by very much in that first class. Then in the 9500 lb. class (which pulled at about 9:30 or so) Jeff got 1st place! He went a little over 300 feet! YIPPEEE!!!! He was so proud...and so was I!!! So despite the rain Jeff and the tractor did AWESOME!! Of course I got some video but blogger has been so stubborn and won't let me upload it using their video feature. So I might try You*Tube and see if that works.

Needless to say I wasn't home well before dark like I had planned. I should know better then to plan things like that..ha! I left the pull at 10:30 (which is about 15 minutes after my normal bedtime). I got home around 11, got ready for bed, hit the pillow and I was out like a light. I woke up at 1:00 a.m. wondering where Jeff was and then about 3 minutes later he pulled into the driveway. So he had an even later night then I did! But it was well worth it :)!!

The next pull we have is in Inwood on the 4th of July. Should be a good time. They aren't forecasting any rain but as in years past...we always go to that pull prepared! I'm not sure how much of it I'll sit through. I might watch Jeff and Brian and then head over to Lee and Judy's for my afternoon nap. I seriously am so wiped out now adays. I guess as time gets closer to have the little Munchkin that happens :)!

I have a Doctor's appointment on Wednesday. It'll be my 36 week check up and then it's to the Doctor every week until Munchkin arrives. We'll see what she says about his position at my appointment. I know he's not heads down yet. She was hoping he would be by 36 weeks. I did end up going to the Doctor last Wednesday because I was a little concerned about my fat feet. They don't go down at night anymore like they use to...they are always fat. So I had to pee in a cup to check for protein and sugar...both of which there was none of (thank goodness). The nurse also took my blood pressure and would you believe that it was PERFECT (120/80). I was shocked but so very happy it wasn't crazy high. So I guess the fat feet just go with being pregnant. I think the heat really affects them too. On Saturday when it wasn't so hot they were fine all day until I sat for hours and hours. Having the air conditioner on helps too! Like I always say...Little Munchkin is so VERY WORTH IT! Jeff set up the Pack-n-Play and Swing on Saturday. They are sitting in the livingroom waiting for Munchkin :)! I washed the rest of the clothes, burp clothes, bibs, and blankets so I think we are all set :)!!

Otherwise not too much going on at our house. Jeff is going to mow tonight and I'll probably try to get some cleaning done. I want to get the house really clean before Munchkin comes. So we'll see how that goes. I already warned Jeff that he's going to have to scrub the bathtub though...I just don't think it's physically possible for me to do that anymore..he he :)!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and HAPPY MONDAY! I'll hopefully get those video's uploaded somewhere for all to see. God's Blessings to you all!

6 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yeah Jeff...way to go! Congrats on the tractor pulling!

Jamey said...

That was wierd rain. It just came on fast and it rained sideways here. It was crazy. It sounds like Jeff had a great tractor pull despite the rain.

My feet never swelled during pregnancy, but it sounds like you got everything checked out and it should be fine. You'll be going once a week now so they can watch it close. I hope you get good news and he is head down on Wed!!

Lori said...

Congrats to Jeff on first place again.

Sorry you got soaking wet at the tractor pulls. I bet that wasn't fun at all getting wet and trying to walk around in mud with crocks on.

How exciting you are getting down to going to the dr weekly. It won't be long now. Sounds like you have eveything ready at home for when little munckin arrives.

Tracy said...

Wow...sounds like all is going well and you are ready for the little guy to arrive!!

I am getting very anxious to meet him!

Just Mom said...

WOO-HOO, JEFF!

That sounds like quite the adventure.

btw ... yes, he will have to scrub the tub for you. Remember, it's easy to lose balance when you're pregnant. (It's all that wonderful baby weight.)

I can't wait to hear how your weekly checkups go.

Take care.

A mom said...

Good job Jeff!