Well Jeff had his second tractor pull of the season this past Friday night. Of course the weather was awesome when we left home and shortly after we got to Tea the sky turned blue and looked like it was going to rain. The pull started but it did rain a bit. Thankfully I came prepared and had my umbrella with me. I stayed dry :)! The rain didn't last too long and it wasn't a down pour or anything which was good! After the brief rain it cleared off and was a beautiful night!
Jeff did AWESOME! His tractor ran really really good! In the first class he hooked towards the end of the class. He didn't place in the top three but he was still very pleased with how the tractor ran. And he was right in there with the guys who did place...only a few feet behind them. In the second class he placed FIRST!!! The tractors in this class are all so close...he only beat them by a few feet. VERY IMPRESSIVE!! He was very pleased.
I have two video's that I hope to post later today if Blogger will let me. Let's just say I have been having some technical difficulties with uploading my video's. So hopefully later today Blogger will be more kind to me..he he :)!!
On Monday night we went and bought the rest of the big baby items we needed. We found tons of good deals. We actually had a positive Craigs*list experience. We found a Gra*co Sn*ug Ri*de infant car seat being sold on there so I emailed the lady selling it a few times and made sure it wasn't expired. We met up with her at Wal*mart on Monday and bought it. It was only $25.00 and is in like new condition! Talk about a good deal. That saved us $55.00 since we didn't have to buy a new one. And this one doesn't expire until 2011! We also found many good deals at Tar*get and Wal*mart. We got everything else we needed...now we just patiently wait for little Munchkin to make his appearance.
We had to turn the air conditioner on last night for the first time. The house was 81 degrees and I was so HOT! I have a feeling the humidity and heat are only going to get worse now that it's almost July. I can tell it's getting warmer. You should see my HUGE feet! Seriously I'm not sure how much longer I am going to be able to wear my sandals. I think I have to go invest in a few pairs of flip-flops. I guess I'll just have to stay in the air conditioning until Munchkin arrives :)!
We have 2 more baby Chick's. Jeff actually incubated a few downstairs in an incubator he borrowed from a guy he works with. Three actually hatched but something was wrong with the last little chick that hatched and unfortunately it drowned in the waterer yesterday while we were at work. This poor little chick had no head control and could hardly walk so I suppose when trying to drink it couldn't get it's head back up and out of the waterer. The other two little Chick's are doing great. We have so affectionately named them Peeps and McNugget. Nice huh :)!! The little chick that hatched in the chicken coop is doing good too. It's getting bigger and bigger as the days go by! So now we have 13 chickens instead of 10.
I guess I don't know too much more. Hope everyone is having a great week! Hopefully I'll be able to post those tractor pull video's later today. God's Blessings to you all!
10 comments:
Congrats on the tractor pull!! Glad the weather cooperated for you!!
You just now turned on your air conditioner?? OH.MY. We've had ours on for awhile now.
I have to sit in this house all day...momma needs it cool! :)
Sounds like the tractor pull was a success. We were thinking of going to Tea Pot Days but the only thing I wanted to see were the fireworks. And I worked Fri night. Oh well!
I bet it feels good to get the last of the baby things and to be completely ready! Now you can sit back and relax and just wait for the baby!
I can't believe you waited this long to turn on your air. We have had ours on for a few weeks now. I love the cool after being out in this humidity!!
It probably won't make you feel good to know this, but my feet grew a half-size when I was pregnant. I won't tell you how much weight I gained. :-D
Peeps and McNugget! LOL!!!
That cracks me up!
TURN ON THE AIR! Ours has been on for a few months now, I'm sure :o) I'm so hot natured!
Happy Tractor Pulling! 1st place! WOW!
That reminds me, we will be down your way for some tractor pull the weekend before Labor Day. Does Jeff pull in that one?
Jennifer P....if you are talking about Prairie Village, yes Jeff does pull in that one. It's the weekend before Labor Day(on a Saturday). I'll probably be at that one too with Little Munchkin (who should have a name by then..he he)!!
Way to go Jeff!!! Wow, you are kicking tail!! Good job!!
I will admit, we have had our air on for quite some time. I do not do well in heat and I like my air! Ughh, swollen feet, I remember that - NO FUN! Just keep them up as often as possible..
Congrats on the chicks! Sorry to hear about loss of the one.
Congrats to Jeff on the tractor pull.
So glad you have pretty much everything that you need for the baby. It won't be long now.
Take it easy and get rest when you can.
Poor baby chicken. :O( I love the names you picked out for the other two.
Way to go at you tractor pull Jeff! I bet your kind of like the GBJ of tractor pulls. :O)
Munchkin will be here soon!!!
Peeps and McNugget....cute!
Congrats to Jeff on the tractor pull!
Post a Comment