Well I had my 37th week appointment yesterday. I didn't gain any weight this time around (YIPPEE)...in fact I lost almost a pound. I guess this is common the closer you get to delivery. So I rewarded myself last night with some ice cream and cookies :)!! My blood pressure was the same as it was last week (140/88) so at least that is staying consistent. I measured 39 weeks so I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead. Hopefully that means Munchkin will come 2 weeks early :)! Munchkin is doing good. His little heart was in the 140's again yesterday. The doctor has decided to do an ultrasound to check his position. Apparently last week she had a patient who she was sure the baby was head down but when they did an ultrasound for a fluid check the baby was breech. So now my Doctor said she's a little more cautious...which is fine by me. However when they called to make the ultrasound appointment they said they couldn't get me in until the 29th!! Needless to say my Doctor wanted me to have it done MUCH sooner then that...she was thinking within the next 3 to 5 days. So now I'm waiting to hear when they will be able to do it. I hope it'll be on Tuesday...time will tell. I'd like to know for sure how he's sitting in there too...plus it'll be nice to see him again (even though we'd rather see Munchkin in person). My next Doctor's appointment is July 17.
I think we have everything ready for Munchkin's arrival. I bought some more baby wipes last night (I only had one container of them and know that won't last very long). I need to clean the bottles and get some little things like that done but otherwise I think we are set. My hospital bag is coming along slowly. I just am now realizing I will have NO clothes to wear after I have Munchkin. I know I won't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes for a while. I guess I'll have to either go shopping for some bigger shorts and pants or just wear my maternity clothes around the house for a bit. I have no idea what to do. Maybe I should hit some rummages this weekend to find some clothes! Jeff and I are so EXCITED to meet this little guy!! Anytime now would be fine by us!
Our garden is producing food already. We ate some snow peas last night for supper and boy were they delicious. We have quite a few zucchini that are getting big. They should be ready by next week (hopefully). I can't wait to make Chocolate Zucchini Cake!! YUM! The beans are coming along but nothing to eat yet. Everything else is still growing and we just need to be patient :)!
Jeff doesn't have a tractor pull this weekend but there is an Outlaw Pull in Rock Valley tonight and tomorrow. Jeff's next pull is on Tuesday night in Rock Rapids. He's been so busy this week doing things in the house and out in the shop. He mowed the lawn the other day too! He cleaned the house REALLY REALLY good on Wednesday (THANK YOU HONEY)! It looks awesome! I tried to help the best I could (I did the dishes and wiped up the counters in the kitchen and did the laundry). Now we are just trying to keep it tidy so we don't have to do a major cleaning before all the company comes to see Munchkin! I think it's so much easier to keep a clean house tidy!
No big plans for the weekend. I'll be vegging out. I plan to make a Rhubarb Pie today some time. I know the Brookings Arts Festival is going on this weekend but I don' t think we'll we going this year. But then again you never know..he he :)!! We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to you all!
8 comments:
I can't believe you are that far along already. He'll be here so soon!
It won't be long now. How exciting for you guys.
Hope your ultrasound turns out good.
We are getting fresh veggies(lettuce, peas, & beans) out of our garden too. They are so yummy!
Have a great weekend.
We are deciding if we make a trip up their too: and take in the festival, water park, and do a Walmart run too.
Glad to hear that everything continues to go well. Soon you'll be posting pictures of the new baby!! Have a nice relaxing weekend!!
Just had to check in to see how you are progressing. My firstborn was due July 10th but came on the 20th. Hopefully that won't be the case for you!
Yum...snow peas. I think ours are about done. My zucchini didn't come up this year. Bummer, I love it.
WOW time is going by quickly!! Munchkin will be here before you know it!! EXCITING!!
How exciting, anyday you are going to be a mommy. It is the most amazing thing in the world that you get the joy of being. Can't wait to see him.
First of all, let me just say, Rhubarb pie is my ultimate favorite! I love anything Rhubarb. Yummmmmmyyyyyy!
I think a lot of us unlucky mom's wear maternity clothes home from the hospital. At least the pants & or shorts. I wore mine for a while after. Not for to long though, because it gets kind of depressing.
Your getting so close. I can't wait to see the little guy.
It's getting close!
I haven't had much out of my garden yet by I did notice a nice zucchini. If you have time, will you send me your recipe for the chocolate zucchini cake...I have one but it isn't the best. My e-mail address is ccjcnoem@itctel.com. If you don't have time, I totally understand.
Post a Comment