Monday, July 14, 2008

Breech

Well I had my ultrasound this morning. Turns out Munchkin is breech! Good thing my Doctor wanted me checked! His little head is on the left, his little butt is up in my right ribs/right side and his feet are pointed downward (that might explain all the kicks to the bladder)! No idea how big he is at this point as the ultrasound tech said that would take quite a few measurements to figure out. I know he's decent sized though because he's been in this position for weeks and hasn't been able to move much. I'm sure we'll be talking options on Thursday at my appointment. I told Munchkin he needs to stay in there until my Doctor's appointment and after we figure out what is going to be done. I'm probably headed for a C-Section...which is fine. I've actually been preparing myself for that since we heard he was breech at my 20 week ultrasound. We were hoping we would be able to see the money shot again today just to make sure he's a boy but no such luck. Oh well he wasn't shy about showing us at 20 weeks so we are pretty confident he's a boy!

So that's the update! Can't wait for Thursday to be here so I can go see the Doctor! God's Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Bummer! Oh well, c-sections aren't that bad, I had one with my first.

Just Mom said...

I had a C-section. Recovery was longer, but birthing was a peace of cake. I felt absolutely no pain. :-D

the boedecker family said...

I have had 2 c-sections and also done it twice the vaginal way, I actually found my c-section births better. Good luck at your next appointment!!

Jamey said...

That's kind of a bummer! The main thing is the end result produces a healthy mom and baby.

Tracy said...

I have never had a c-section but trust me...you don't want to feel LABOR!

Either way...I just hope he is a healthy baby boy!!!

Jennifer said...

Just catching up on all the excitement the past few weeks with you! You've been in my prayers these past few weeks as you approach 40 weeks :o) How exciting! Unfortunately, I've never had a baby so I can't give you any advice on birthing --- but, I do know you will have a miracle in the end!

Hope you have a blessed evening Erin!

Dawn said...

All that matters is that you will have the same end result whether it is vaginal or c-section. A wonderful bundle of joy. Where are you going to deliver? I work on labor and delivery and the birthplace at Sanford. Just thought I would watch for you.

Lori said...

Sorry to hear that he is breech.
I didn't have a c-section with my two. So I don't know what that is like.
I'm sure the delivery will be easy.
Good luck. Thinking of you.