Thursday, July 17, 2008

38 Week Appointment

Had our 38 week appointment today. My Doctor hadn't gotten the ultrasound report from Monday back yet but I informed her that little Munchkin is indeed breech. She was shocked! She told me that I had a few options..1) I could go to S. Falls to a high risk OB/GYN to try to have a version done (they would try to get him to turn) or 2) I could do a C-Section next week sometime. Well I had done my homework and Jeff and I had talked awhile back already that there are just too many risks for versions plus who's to say that if they got little Munchkin turned around he wouldn't just go back to his old position anyway. So we scheduled the C-Section. As of right now it looks like little Munchkin will be making his appearance next Thursday the 24th :)!!!

My Doctor said she won't do a C-Section any sooner then 39 weeks unless the baby decides to come on his own (I go into labor/water breaks) or I have pre-e or something like that. Well turns out when I got to my appointment my blood pressure was pretty high. I think I was just anticipating this appointment so much which must have caused it to get high. After all the regular appointment stuff was done they had me lay on my left side for 10 minutes or so and then the nurse came and checked my blood pressure again. Now it was perfect...120/80. But lucky me I still get to do the 24 hour pee collection thing to check for protein! They also took two vials of blood to make sure my kidneys and liver are functioning ok. If for any reason that stuff comes back goofy on Monday at my next appointment Munchkin could be here before Thursday.

As for Munchkin he is doing just fine. Again my Doctor is shocked that he's breech. She claims that the bump the ultrasound tech said is the head is way too big to be the head. Who knows. I'm not a doctor and have no idea what feels big or not! His little heart was beating in the 150's when she checked it with the doppler. I gained back my pound I lost but am still only up 34 pounds now (YIPPEEE...I hoped to stay in that 25-35 pound range). The lab lady asked me when I was due and I told her we were doing a C-Section next week and she said "Wow you aren't very big!" She is the FIRST person to ever tell me such a thing! And it's funny because today I measured 39 1/2 weeks along! I think Munchkin is going to be good size!

My Doctor actually trained to do C-Sections during her residency (she's just a Family Practice Doctor not specifically an OB/GYN) so she will be doing my C-Section next week along with the regular surgeon who will be assisting her. From the sounds of it I'll be there until Sunday. So now we begin the countdown...ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

As for other news...not too much going on at our house. Jeff had a tractor pull on Tuesday. He got a 3rd and 4th place. He was pretty pleased with that. He said the pull didn't start until much later then it was suppose to (go figure) because the skid broke. I think he said it finally started at 8:00 (it was suppose to start at 6:30). I got up to use the bathroom at 1 a.m. and he still wasn't home so I thought I better check in on him. He was only in S.Falls at 1...so he made it home a little bit shy of 2 a.m. Needless to say I didn't sleep from 1 to 2 waiting for him to get home and then after he got home I couldn't get back to sleep. I think I finally got back to sleep at 4 a.m.! So we both had a very short nights sleep! There is a pull tonight I think in Sibley but he's not going...way too far! I know he's going to the one in Beresford this weekend on Saturday. I will be staying home. My Doctor said travel now is just too risky. So looks like we'll be home on Sunday too since Inwood is kinda far.

We ate some fresh green beans out of the garden the other night. Boy are they GOOD! I hope to get some canning done here in the next few days. Jeff needs to pick beans again he thought. And he thinks there are more snow peas and regular sweet peas out there too. Looks like I'll be freezing some of those for future use. I made my Chocolate Zucchini Brownies last night. Let me just say that I think I could eat a whole pan of those things plus a gallon of vanilla ice cream! They are SO GOOD!! We even have some Zucchini left so I might have to make some bread or something and freeze it. I always had visions in my head that I was going to freeze all these meals and goodies before little Munchkin came so I wouldn't have to cook for awhile after he was born. Well guess what...none of that got done! I swear the time just got away from me. So maybe if I have an extra burst of energy on Saturday I'll bake my little heart out and freeze all of it for future use!

I think I'll end this now because it's getting quite long! Just wanted to give everyone the update on how things went today. I'll post more on Monday after my appointment. Hopefully we'll have the C-Section all set up and I'll know more about my lab work. Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! God's Blessings to you all!!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations on the little guy coming next week....VERY EXCITING!!!! I think you guys made the best decision.

I had a c-section w/ Marissa - any questions or concerns feel free and email me!!

Take care!!

Jennie Thompson said...

I'm so anxious for you. I know what I'll be doing next Thursday or Friday afternoon!

Let me know if there's anything that I can do.

Just Mom said...

WOOHOO!

Ditto Jamie and Jennie. I know we've never met, but I want to help you as much as I can.

Jamey said...

That's so exciting that you have a date!! That's probably the best part about a c-section...being able to plan:) I think you made a good decision. I wouldn't ever do a version either.

All your baking sounds so good! Makes me want to bake something today! I love anything with zucchini...yum!

Have a good weekend!

the boedecker family said...

HOW EXCITING!! Everything is coming together nicely!! Good decision I think!

Tracy said...

GOOD LUCK with everything coming up this next week! I can't wait to "meet" the little guy!!!!

SOOOO EXCITING!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

How exciting! It seems like it has gone so fast but I am not the one pregnant so that's probably why...lol!

Jennifer said...

How EXCITING!
We'll be praying for a happy/healthy baby and Mommy!