Hard to believe but Davis had his 9 month check up yesterday! Actually it was suppose to be a week ago already but due to the stomach flu he didn't have it until yesterday.
As I just mentioned Davis had the stomach flu! It was not fun...especially for him. Poor little guy! It hit him like a ton of bricks and when we thought it went away it came back! I had him to the Dr. 2 times last week. He lost 7 oz. in 3 days...it was nuts! We took him off his formula completely and he drank Pedilyte for 48 hours. He was not happy about that at all. It just didn't fill up his little belly. Of course we didn't want to give him too much food either in case his tummy was still sensitive. So finally on Sunday he went back on his formula and hasn't looked back. He eats and eats and eats...loves his Cheerio's and graham crackers. I seriously think he's making up for lost time!!
Ok so as for his 9 month check up. He was weighed yesterday and weighed in at 18lbs. 14oz. and was 28 in. long. He is in the 25th percentile for weight which kinda shocked me because I always think he's heavy! The Dr. wasn't concerned though. He's average she said...which is fine by us. He has hit all his proper milestones and has cut another tooth and has a few more that are trying to pop though. The Dr. said he's going to be one of those lucky kids who gets all his teeth at the same time...lucky him!
He's crawling, pulling himself up on everything and is also very brave...he let's go when he's standing there. He has no fear! I have a feeling he'll be walking very soon! He keeps me and Jeff on our toes that's for sure! His sleeping was pretty good until he got the flu so now we are trying to get him to sleep though the night again. I'm sure it'll happen again soon! I just can't believe how much he learns. He's truly an amazing little guy! Such a little miracle...God is so good!!
In other news...Jeff, Davis and I are in the process of trying to find a local church. We visited the Presbyterian Church in town and really enjoyed it. Of course we couldn't go last Sunday because Davis was sick (and I got it too). So we plan to keep going there...we'll see where God decides to lead us. We really feel good about this church though. Jeff's been getting all the outside stuff ready...he planted some of the garden yesterday. Today he took the day off to catch up on some stuff around the yard and shop. He plans to maybe mow later if time allows. He got a new mower so I know he's really looking forward to using that.
Not much going on with me. Just spending time with my two favorite guys :)! Work has been busy. Picking up the Public Defender contract has created lots of job security for me. I don't mind being busy though. I was out 3 days last week so I have a lot of catching up to do this week.
We went to Mom and Dad's for Easter. It sure was nice getting down there again. Davis did GREAT!! He traveled really well however sleeping there at night was a whole different story. But we made it work...he had to sleep in bed with us! We got to show him off to all of Mom and Dad's church people too which was fun! It sure was great to get down there again and we are so happy Davis traveled so well! Might have to do it again here real soon!
Well that's about it from us. Hopefully I'll have time to get some pictures on here one of these days. God's Blessings to everyone!!
4 comments:
So sorry to hear about you and Davis getting the flu. Having sick children sure isn't fun!!
I look forward to seeing the little guy next week!!!
Poor Davis.. The flu is no fun at all.. Glad he is feeling better!
Glad you had a nice easter with the family. Davis traveling well is great! We have been blessed in that department with Micah, he just goes along for the ride.
I haven't even thought about planting my garden yet...I put it in a bad spot and it is still pretty wet!
Happy Mothers Day Erin! Have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment