
I swore I was going to get better updating this blog but wouldn't ya' know it a month has gone by since I last updated! September flew by and it's so hard to believe it's already October. It sure feels like October outside today that's for sure! It's dreary and raining and COLD! I love this time of year though because I LOVE getting out my sweartshirts and warm socks :)! I LOVE FALL :)!! And Davis has a TON of cute 18 month long sleeved onesies I can't wait to get him in :)!
Davis is doing great. We had to take him to the ER on Labor Day (took him there because of course the clinic was closed on the holiday). He had what we thought was the stomach flu the Friday before. It was crazy on that Friday because he was fine when he went to take his nap and an hour and a half later he spiked a high fever (103) and started throwing up! I took him to the Dr. that afternoon and they told me the stomach flu was going around and that was probably what he had. So we took him off milk and had him drinking Pedilyte. The poor kid was starving but I didn't want him to keep throwing up so we held off on the food until Saturday. Well Friday night I noticed a lovely rash all over his body. I assumed it was from the high fever so I didn't think twice about it. Well on Monday it was worse and he still wasn't acting like himself. So being the spazey first time mommy I am, we took him in to the ER to get checked out. They diagnosed him with having Roseloa. Never heard of it until Davis got it. He had a classic case of it...all the symptoms. We have no idea where he got that from since on one else in daycare had it. After about a week and a half his rash was gone.
Then just last week poor Davis had another (yes I said another) bout of Hand, Foot and Mouth. Poor kid! We thought it was thrush. Mom was visiting for the weekend and I noticed Davis had some sores on his lip (on the inside). He didn't sleep very good that Saturday night and on Sunday he was refusing to take the bottle or eat anything too hard. So on Monday I took him in to the Dr. They diagnosed him with Hand, Foot and Mouth again. He had it back in July too but just had the mouth sores. This time he had a classic text book case of it with the hand and foot sores plus a ton of mouth sores. Poor little Davis! And at the same time all this is happening he's cutting 3 of his 1 year molars! He was fine once the mouth sores went away. And there was one positive of him having it again...we broke him of the bottle :)! We weren't sure how to go about doing that but the Hand, Foot, and Mouth did it for us! He's been off the bottle for almost 2 weeks now and hasn't looked back (thankfully because I packed all the bottles away...outta site outta mind or so they say)!
He continues to amaze us each and every day. He's actually starting to talk quite a bit more. He says a few words like tractor, truck, bug, Num Num (that's what he says when he's hungry), Pop (not sure where he learned that one from) and Uh Oh. He is very smart and if you ask him to go to a certain toy he goes right too it. He's also taking a liking to Jeff's tractor magazines and when he wants to look at one he goes to the table where they are located and starts saying "Tractor, Tractor, Tractor" until you get a magazine out and look at it with him. It's just too PRECIOUS :)! He is such a sweet little boy and we LOVE HIM TO PIECES! God is so very good :)!!
Davis and I started going to MOPS at our church a month ago. We are still in the beginning stages of getting it all set up but so far so good :)! I really am enjoying getting to know some other moms and Davis LOVES playing in the nursery with the other kids. He does really good there.
Jeff, Davis and I joined the Presbyterian Church in Madison almost 2 weeks ago. I am so happy we were able to find such a wonderful new church home. Everyone there is just so welcoming and it's going to be wonderful to be able to get involved in all the church activities :)! Davis will be able to go to Sunday school when he gets older and be involved in all sorts of wonderful church activities!
Jeff is keeping busy with projects all over the yard. He's wishing the weather would shape up so he can do some work outside in the yard. He wants to take out the potatoes and he wants to mow down the garden. Of course you can't do that when it's raining. Time to think about getting the snowmobiles out now too...of course we don't want snow for a few more months yet! His pulling tractor is all put away for the season. He also hopes to get our camper all cleaned up and ready for winter. We never did take it out this year but are hoping to next year when Davis is a little bit older. I can't wait :)!!
We are hoping to go to a Harvest Festival tomorrow over by Harrisburg. I hope the weather shapes up. We took Davis last year when he was 2 1/2 months old and needless to say Jeff and I swore we would never do that again (Davis was not a happy camper). However he is much more use to traveling now and I think he'll enjoy "people watching" this year. He's still alittle bit to young for all the activities that are going on but it'll be fun just to wander around out there. Let's hope the rain goes away and the sun is out tomorrow! Hopefully I'll take some pictures to show you all our adventure!
I have some newer pictures of Davis that I hope to get posted on here in the next week or two. I know I always say that and don't ever get them posted but I promise I'll try this time..he he :)! Hope everyone is doing well! God's Blessings to you all!!
3 comments:
Wow, sounds like poor little Davis has had his fair share of the sickies.. Hope he is doing better now. nothing worse that a sick kid and nothing can be done..
Sounds like you guys have found a home at your new church. That is wonderful. We recently found a church we like too! all in perfect timing I figure..
Have a great weekend..
Oh, your poor kiddo! JS used to get sick -- a lot -- up until he was about two years old. I can sympathize.
I can't believe how big Davis has gotten!! It's amazing how fast they grow!! I hope he can stay healthy now!
Post a Comment