
One year ago today, Jeff and I got engaged. I can't believe a year has gone by already! I remember how he did it like it was yesterday. He had been acting weird all that night (it was a Friday night) and I finally asked him what was wrong. He just kept saying "I'm just nervous, I'm so nervous." Well of course that got me thinking about what he could be so nervous about. I just gave him a big hug and the next thing I know he's reaching into a little drawer in one of the endtables in the livingroom. He pulls out this little wrapped box and is down on one knee. He said "I've been wanting to do this for a few days now." He hands me the box. At this point I'm already crying because I know what the package is. I start to unwrap it and Jeff says to me "Will you marry me?" Of course I said yes...though the happy tears. I got the package open and it was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. He put it on my finger and I'm still crying. It was a great July 1st!! Then the craziness began...calling family to tell them the good news...and Jeff calling my dad to ask for permission to marry me. It was a great day! So today holds a special place in our hearts!
Today we have a tractor pull in Hull, Iowa. Guess what it's doing outside right now?! RAINING...go figure! Hopefully this will knock the humidity down because it was really sticky outside this morning already at 7:30am! A little rain is a good thing...I don't think it's moving in the direction of Hull and if it is it should hopefully be done by the time the tractor pull starts at 3pm. I'll post Jeff's results tomorrow night or Monday!
Here's to health and much happiness! God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment