Friday, July 06, 2007

Hooray it's ALMOST the WEEKEND!!

YIPPPEEE it's FRIDAY!!! This week went fast. Of course it probably helped that we had Wednesday off...he he!! We hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

We left for Inwood on Tuesday night and got to Lee and Judy's at around 8:30 p.m. We went over to the shop after we got Jake's stuff all settled. We hung out over there for a bit and then at around 10 headed over to the house. I was bragging about how we were fortunate that Jake wasn't afraid of fireworks and how they don't seem to bother him. BOY DID I SPEAK WAY TOO SOON!! The neighbors were lighting off BIG BOOMING FIREWORKS and Jake wasn't having it!! He was freaking out. He wasn't barking or anything but he was scratching on the door and even knocked out the screen on the window in the living room! I felt bad for him. If you would go sit outside with him he was fine...it was once you went into the house and he was alone that he would freak. Well finally at around 11:15 p.m. the neighbors seemed to be done with their pre-4th of July show and we all went to bed. Apparently they weren't done yet because Lee and Judy said at around 11:38 p.m. they started lighting them off again!! Poor Jake scratched on the door a few more times and then he was fine. The 4th of July was MUCH better because everyone was at the park and no one was home shooting off fireworks.

We got up and went to the Pancake breakfast and then went to the shop to get the tractors ready for the pull. It was nice because Jeff just drove his over there. No need to load it up on the trailer or anything. Saved a bunch of time. The pull started at 11:30 a.m. and boy was it a HOT ONE!! There wasn't much of a breeze until later in the afternoon but right out in the sun...it was crazy hot! Jeff did GREAT again at this pull! He got a 3rd place in the 8500lb. Open Farm class. And in the 9500lb. class he got a 7th or 8th. I kid you not there had to be 12 tractors in that 9500lb. class! Talk about GREAT competition! He was right in there with the rest of them again. The tractor is running GREAT and we are all looking forward to next Saturdays pull in Hudson!

We decided to come home before the fireworks on Wednesday night. We were BEAT from being in the sun all day (not to mention a little sunburned also)! We left Inwood at around 8:30 and got home around 10. We could see the fireworks going off by the lake so we still got quite the fireworks show. Jake was a little better when we got home with all the firework noise but some of them still really bothered him. People set off fireworks until around midnight. We didn't stay up that long to watch. I think we were in bed by 11 :)!!

This weekend it's go go go again! Which is fine. Jake's going to the "doggie hotel" this afternoon before we go. We have a lot to do before we take off. We are both off work at noon today so that'll give us a little time to get a few things done. We are going to water the garden real good so it doesn't die in this heat! Last night we had fresh green beans out of the garden. They were YUMMY!! I also picked another ice cream pail full of snow peas. I blanched them and vacuum sealed them for future eating. We now have about 8 bags of snow peas in the freezer now. That'll be nice to eat those in the middle of winter!! We have a lot of little green tomatoes on our plants but no red ones yet. I know I need to be patient but it's so hard sometimes...he he!! Everything else is really growing great...including the weeds (not so great I know). I guess that'll be my project for Monday night!

We hope everyone has a great weekend!! God's Blessings to everyone!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

You guys are two busy little bees on the weekends!!

Have a great weekend and try to stay cool and not get sun burned!!:)

Tracy said...

Sounds like you are always on the GO, GO, GO. I am sure it's nice to keep busy. I usually don't like to sit at home.

Have a great weekend!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

My dog hides under the deck when we do fireworks and just shakes! Must be lab thing.

I saw that I had some little green tomatoes too....I know what you mean about being patient, I have a hard time with that too.

Congrats on the tractor pull and good luck on the one this weekend.

Jamey said...

Good luck this weekend at the tractor pull. I hope you can stay cool!! It's funny how everyone always looks forward to the weekend and that's when I am usually going to work! I look forward to the week, but I've always been a little backwards!!! I hope you have a great weekend!

A mom said...

Sounds like you guys (minus Jake) had a good fourth. Great job Jeff at the tractor pulls! I wish I had your energy! Have a fun weekend!

Lori said...

Wow you guys have been busy.
We are getting peas, beans, lettuce, and cucumbers our of our garden now.
We love fresh veggies.

I'm glad you had a nice 4th.