Tuesday, July 10, 2007


(No title today because blogger won't let me (geez)...I see Miah had some problems with that too!)


I thought for sure yesterday was going to be one of "THOSE" kind of Monday's. As I was walking into work and unlocking the door...a bird pooped on me! Yup...you read that right...a bird pooped on me. I am thankful that it wasn't on my head or on my shirt (which happened to be black). I got a little on my hand and most of it on my purse. I was NOT amused! My boss said that means good luck...I just think it's gross!!


This isn't the first time this has happened. When I was younger I was sitting in my friends driveway waiting for her. I had my sunroof open in my car and boy that bird had some good aim! It pooped right on the top of my head (GROSS I KNOW)! Thankfully I had some baby wipes in my glove box and proceeded to wipe the poop outta my hair. I couldn't believe my luck...right though the sunroof!! Thankfully that doesn't happen very often (well and I don't have a sunroof anymore either). Sorry had to share a few bird pooping stories!


Our weekend was nice! It was so nice to see Mom and Dad and hang out at their place all weekend. We got there on Friday night at 8:15 or so. On Saturday we went to Williamsburg to the Outlet Malls. We found some good bargains. I LOVE BARGAINS!! I LOVE OUTLET MALLS TOO..he he!! Wish we had one in Sioux Falls. Jeff got a few new items of clothing too. Of course we went to Red Lobster after all our shopping (no trip to Mom and Dad's would be complete without a stop at Red Lobster). We stuffed our faces and pretty much relaxed the rest of the night. On Sunday we went to Church, had dinner with Mom and Dad and had to leave. We stopped in Inwood on our way home to see Lee, Judy and Brian too. I think we got home on Sunday night at around 10:30 or so.


Our garden didn't fry while we were gone. And our ducks were all still there too :)! I picked an ice cream pail full of green beans last night. Ended up eating some of them for supper and then canned 2 quarts for winter eating. I also picked more snow peas...and have to vacuum seal those today so they can sit in the freezer until we can eat them. I have a feeling I'll be doing more of that later this week also. Our cucumbers died though...not sure why. They looked pretty rough when we left on Friday and yesterday they looked awful. Not sure if I'll get any pickles canned this year :(! So if any one has any extra cucumbers...send them our way...he he!!


I guess that's it for now. We have a tractor pull this weekend on Saturday in Hudson. At least it's not suppose to be so beastly hot this weekend. There is also the Brookings Art's Festival this weekend too. I am super excited about that. I can't wait to go there on Saturday morning. And I'm really excited about the YUMMY food they have there too :)!! We hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! God's Blessings to everyone!!!

10 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I'm anxious for the Art's Festival as well. I'm setting aside $20 just for food.

LKooiker said...

I have a bird poop story I could share too - suppose it happens to everybody at least once??? Have fun this weekend - I don't think we will make it to this tractor pull - hope Jeff does well again.

Lori in Boyden

Jamie said...

That just sucks to have a bird poop on you. YUCK!!! Great start for a Monday morning I bet.

I am going to call you the "Garden Queen". All your veggies sound so good. :)

Jamey said...

I am so sad to miss the Brookings Art Festival. I love going to that. I used to take that weekend off every year so my mom and I could go. Bummer!! I hope you have fun though!

Bird poop...gross! I am lucky enough to have never had that happen to me, now that I say that it will only be a matter of time!

Have a good weekend and good luck at the tractor pull this weekend.

Lori said...

You had me laughing about the bird poop stories....right on the top of your head. OH my gosh.

We are also planning on heading up to the Brookings Art Festival / and the new Water Park and to Al's cousins home.
Maybe we will bump into you there.

I just got a pail of beans out of my garden too.
We came home to my plant looking so dry. I'm not sure if it is dead or not. I watered it good and snipped of the dead parts. I hope it makes it.
You have a great week!

A mom said...

I too have fallen victim to the bird poopy bandits. You are not alone.

I have not been to the brookings arts festival in years. Mostly because I never find out about it until its to late, so Thanks!! I think I am going to make some plans to go. May be I will see you there!

Anonymous said...

So glad you commented. I switched to this blogline thing and lost your address. Now I can add you back in, hurray!

Love the comic...sorry about the poop :(

It's almost fair time here and I will be thinking about you guys and the tractor pulls :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

When the geese fly over the farm, the kids always look up and I am always telling them to look at the ground so they do get pooped on in the face!

My cucumbers died too, not sure why!

Just Mom said...

Your week may have started out with poop, but I think will end wonderfully. Have a fun weekend.

Tracy said...

Where is Williamsburg??? I too enjoy outlet malls! We went to a ton of outlet stores in Arizona!! FUN, FUN!