We had a busy weekend again this past weekend! That's probably why the weekends seem to fly by like they do huh?! :)
On Friday night we went to Jasper, MN for a tractor pull. We have never had a tractor pull at this track so we weren't too sure what to expect. On a side note...all the tires stayed on the trailer on the way over to Jasper (YIPPEE)! The pull went really really good for it being their first time having one. Even some of the pulls we've had year after year don't go this smooth! Jeff was the first puller in the 8500lb. Open Farm class. He did AWESOME!! He got past the 300 foot mark and left everyone in the dust! No one could beat him! He was a good 30 feet ahead of everyone. Needless to say he was THRILLED! He got 1st place in that class! At first he wasn't too thrilled that he had to pull first but I think that actually worked to his advantage :)! In the 9500lb. Open Farm class he got 5th place out of about 10 tractors. So he was in the middle of the pack. He was really happy about this class too! He beat some really good tractors. For this track...it was all about track position! Jeff, Lee and Brian always pay such good attention to where everyone pulls and then they decide where to pull after watching everyone else. You can tell who the guys are that pay no attention to things like that! It was a really good pull. We even stayed for the whole thing and got home at around 12:30 (which is early compared to some pulls).
Jeff had to work on Saturday morning so I stayed home and canned more potatoes. I got 7 more quarts done. I thought I better get those done in the morning before it got so hot. It still heated the house up but it's worth it :)! Jeff finished mowing the lawn on Saturday afternoon and then we headed out to Canby, MN. We had a "surprise" birthday party to go to. It was for a guy who pulls tractor with Jeff. This guy had no idea that some of the tractor pullers were going to come (he did know about the party though...long story). So when some of the pullers started showing up he was pretty surprised and shocked since all of us came from 2 hours away! It was a fun party. It was in a campground and the weather was just beautiful (and there were no bugs)! They grilled up steaks and there was TONS of other food there. Of course there was cake (no birthday party would be complete without it)! We ended up leaving there at around 9:30 and got home at 11:30. It really wasn't that bad of a drive.
On Sunday we went to Inwood, went to church and had dinner with Lee, Judy, Brian, Tami, Alan, and little Corey. Some of us took naps in the afternoon while the guys found some tractor pull video's to watch on the computer. They also watched the video from Friday night (seems to be a Sunday tradition now). We got home around 6:45 and pretty much just vegged out the rest of the night.
Now today it's back to the grind. My boss is gone for this whole week so I have to forward all the calls to my cell phone after I leave work at 1:00. I just have to answer the calls and take messages. So that's not a big deal. When I get home this afternoon I have to can some tomatoes. Today I'm just going to "stew" the tomatoes (put them in jars with some hot water and pressure can them). Easy enough! The only not so fun part is peeling them all. But like I always say "It's worth all the work in the end!" I'm going to make more spaghetti sauce this week too. I'll have to put that recipe on our recipe blog sometime this week! I need to clean our house too because my parents are coming to visit this week also! We are so excited to see them!!
Well I've rambled long enough! We hope everyone has a great Monday! God's Blessings to everyone!!!
7 comments:
You make me tired just reading about your weekends...ugh!
Although it always sounds like you and Jeff have a great time!!
Congrats on the awesome weekend pulling!
You sure can alot...you must have a huge area to store them in.
Congrats to Jeff on his tractor pull.
Come check out my site when you can. I've tagged you for a name meme.
Congrats on an super pull. Who would have thought there is actually a science to it? Got to find the groove. Lol.
Have a super week Erin!!
Way to go Jeff!! That is awesome!! I bet you guys were so excited!
You have to a basement full of canned foods. You are the canning queen!! :)
Your weekends are always crazy busy :o) I always enjoy reading about the tractor pulls though!
I hope it's cooled down around your neck of the woods here lately. I know from experience all that canning can make even the best air conditioned house really hot in the kitchen! Ick!
Have a great week!
Great job at the tractor pull. You guys definately keep busy!!!
Post a Comment