This weekend we have two tractor pulls! Tonight we have one in Inwood and tomorrow we have one in Hull. Jeff is looking very forward to pulling again because last weekend he didn't go to the tractor pull that was scheduled (it was WAY TOO FAR AWAY)! We only have a few more weekends of pulling left..which is very hard to believe. This summer just literally flew by! I'll post Jeff's results on Monday or sometime early next week.
Not much else is going on at our house. I got a zucchini out of our garden a few days ago so I made these really delicious (if I do say so myself..he he) Chocolate Zucchini Bars with Chocolate frosting. I had a hard time staying out of them last night. Of course I had to try them to make sure they were suitable for consumption..and guess what...THEY ARE!! We have a few more zucchini that'll be ready next week. I'll probably make Zucchini Bread out of those. I froze more corn on the cob last night. I think I did 7 more bags. That'll make us happy this winter :)!! We still have SO MUCH CORN! Next week I'll probably can more corn. It's such a process though (but so very worth it). Our tomatoes started turning a few days ago so I'll be busy processing those next week. I love to just can whole tomatoes so I can use them in soups and stews in the winter. Geez...I'm making myself hungry talking about all this food.
At least it's not suppose to be so hot this weekend...and I heard something about a 50% chance of rain late tonight/early tomorrow. That wouldn't be all that bad. We'll take what we can get at this point. We hope everyone has a great weekend! God's Blessings to everyone! More to come next week!!
7 comments:
Have a great weekend!! At least it will be a bit cooler than it has been.
Good Luck Jeff!!
Good luck at the pulls!
Zucchini sauted is very good too, do you ever do that?
now what exactly is a tractor pull?? I have heard of them before, and we definitely have plenty of tractors here in North Carolina, but I've never been to one. It sounds exciting! :o)
This winter, you will be so glad that you put all that work into canning and freezing those veges! I love fresh veges in the winter. I often think they are better then b/c they are so rare!
Have a great weekend!
I hope you had a great tractor pulling weekend!! Mmmm...I love zucchini.
Good luck with your pulls!! Sounds like your garden has been good to you!! Try to stay cool enjoy your weekend!!
I hope you guys had a good time and did well at the tractor pulls this weekend. You always manage to make me hungry. I had to break out a granola bar. Not quite as yummy as zucchini, but it will do.
Sounds like your are really busy canning and freezing all of your garden produce.
Post a Comment