Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Weekend Craziness

This past weekend Jeff and I were going in all different directions! My parents came up on Thursday night and took us out for supper and hung out at our house. I made them eat my Chocolate Zucchini Brownies (I know I'm a mean host making my parents eat those wonderfully sinful brownies...he he)! They hung out with us until around 9:30 and went to the hotel.

On Friday morning Jeff headed out for Wisner, NE for the big Outlaw Tractor Pull. He left at 7 a.m.! He was really excited about going but I wasn't so excited about him going. I just don't like being home by myself (especially at night). I know...call me a goof-ball or whatever...I just like having my husband at home (I feel more secure). So after some tears (by me of course..I cry about everything I swear), Jeff was on his way. I met my parents for breakfast at 7:15 a.m. and after that headed off to work. They went to Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house to go visit them. After work I went to Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house to hang out with everyone. We went out for supper at CiCi's. If you haven't ever been there I highly recommend it (if you like pizza and pasta). It's all buffet...and very reasonably priced! We went back to Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house and I hung out until 8. I decided I should try to get home before dark (I'm a terrible night driver). On my way home I saw 4 Highway Patrol Officers within 5 miles (good thing I wasn't speeding too much..ha ha)! It sure was nice to be able to spend time with Mom, Dad, Adam, Morgan, and Cade :)!!

So you might be wondering how my night alone went...it went pretty good. I stayed up a lot later then normal just because I wasn't tired yet. And wouldn't you know it that the moment I decide to go to bed (around 12:30 a.m.) it starts to thunder! Ok so I didn't need that but it wasn't that loud booming scary thunder at least! I managed to actually sleep in until 8 the next morning. I got to do all the animal chores (feed the dog and ducks). I got all that done before the downpour! It rained about an inch and a half out at our house from Friday night until Saturday afternoon! I pretty much didn't do a whole lot on Saturday. Hey it was a dreary day so why not stay in and read the day away (the house was clean since I did that on Thursday...he he). Jeff got home at around midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I thought it was going to be a lot later then that but he surprised me when he called at 10:30 and said he was on his way home.

On Sunday we had to get up a little earlier then usual to be to Tami, Alan, and Corey's house by 9:00 (2 hour drive for us). We made it and managed to beat everyone else..he he!! Corey got baptized on Sunday. All went well with that and we had a nice lunch after church. They grilled burgers and hot dogs and there was salads and of course there was cake (yummy). We left there around 2 and headed to Inwood...where I proceeded to take a nap (my normal Sunday routine) and the guys watched tractor pull video's and messed around on the computer. We got back to our house at around 6:45 and pretty much vegged out the rest of the night.

So that's our weekend in a nutshell. This coming weekend is Prairie Village Days so we'll be busy yet again. Lee, Judy, and Brian are coming to camp out at our house this weekend. There is so much to do around the yard but it's been so rainy/wet that Jeff hasn't been able to mow the yard or cut the hay. Hopefully today now that the sun is out it'll dry things out a bit! Oh and I wanted to tell everyone we have another baby duck. Just one hatched out of a batch of 7 (I think). Hopefully this one makes it. I'll have to post pictures of everything that I've taken pictures of lately. I have really been slacking in that department on this blog...he he!!

I'm done rambling for today. Have a great Tuesday everyone! God's Blessings to you all!

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I am with ya, I hate being by myself. It is just better to have the hubby home. I would never make it being single.

Have a great week and I can't wait to see pics of the new baby!! :)

Tess said...

Sounds like you had a busy busy weekend! I agree! I don't like to be alone! That is for the birds!!

I am glad you stopped by my blog, I look forward getting to know new people!!

Jamey said...

It sounds like you had a busy but good weekend. I don't like being home alone at night either, I much prefer to have Jay home with me!! Siri and I tried to make it to Praire Village last week, but it was closed. I was bummed!! I hope you have a good week!!

A mom said...

I am not a huge fan of being home alone either. I have a dog who is way to territorial. She is not going to let anyone in. That helps me out.

I can't see Jake attacking a prowler though. He might like them to death. You should get a goose. I hear they are mean. Lol.

Have a great day Erin!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

After 20 years, I still have a hard time sleeping when Chad and I are apart. It's not that I'm scared, just don't like being away from him. He went to DC with Courtney's class a year and a half ago and I slept very little while he was gone. I was a mess after 4 nights away from him.

I can't wait to see all the pics you have taken and really want to see one of the new baby duck!

Glad you had such a great weekend...even with Jeff away for a night of it.

the boedecker family said...

Being alone is not so much fun!! Sounds like you guys are busy busy!! I just got to thinking about the tractor pull at Prarie Village, the boys won't be here...shoot!! Have a good time!!

Lori said...

I also do not like to be by myself
(have my husband out of town).

Sounds like you had a super busy week and weekend. Glad you had fun with your mom and dad here and had fun times with your other family members.

We have family members coming this weekend too. They are going to visit and go out and check out Prairie Village also. We may see you out there.
Does Jeff do tractor pulls out there. If so - which day and what time? Mabye we will check it out.

Just Mom said...

OMG. I SERIOUSLY DISLIKE thunder. It's not that I get jumpy (I try to remain calm so my son doesn't kid scared). I just can't sleep through loud noises.

Lori said...

You have a great weekend too.
Maybe we will see you out at Prairie Village.
We are going to be out there on Sunday.

I will check your blog later and see if you've posted a new post.

Jennifer said...

Awww, I'm sorry that you had to stay by yourself. With my husband working nights, I had a really hard time staying by myself at first. Now, I still go check the locks at least 3 times before I go to sleep.

BTW, I love CiCi's :o) Great price, great food. Yum. I hope your weekend with your parents went good. It's always nice being around family.

Hope this weekend goes great for ya!