Friday, September 28, 2007

Alarm Clock...

Each morning during the week Jeff and I have our alarm set for 6:18 a.m. I know that sounds like a strange time to have it set but we do that so we can hit snooze at least once before I have to roll outta bed at 6:30 a.m.! We often ask ourselves why we don't just set it for 6:30 a.m. and then get up when it goes off...well what fun would that be. You know..you gotta get that extra 5 to 7 minutes of sleep before it goes off again..he he!

I actually have an internal alarm that wakes me up. I guess that's what happens when you get into a routine. However for some reason lately my internal alarm has been waking me up at 5:30 a.m....not 6:30 a.m.! I don't like this new time...5:30 is not a wonderful time of morning. It's still dark and it's cold!! When I wake up at 5:30 I try to tell myself "You still have an hour to sleep..go back to sleep." It doesn't always work and I end up tossing and turning for the next hour :)! I guess I'm not much of a morning person. Well not right away anyway...after I get up and get going I'm fine. I was awake this morning again at 5:30 a.m....maybe I should actually be getting up and doing something productive at this hour. Or maybe not...it's just to darn early for me :)!! And how productive can one be at such an hour...he he!!

I'm so happy it's Friday. I'm mentally preparing myself for Val and my shopping trip tomorrow. I have to mentally prepare because I HATE driving in Sioux Falls on the weekends...but to find a good bargain I guess I'll drive anywhere :)!! I think her and I are meeting in Dell Rapids at 9:30 a.m. and off to Sioux Falls we go until we are out of money or sick of shopping! Watch out Sioux Falls...here we come!!

Jeff's been busy the last few nights out in the shop working on cars. We thought we sold our Cadillac earlier in the week but the guys never came to get it or pay us so I guess it's not sold. Jeff's going to go help his dad work on a wrecked van tomorrow while I'm out spending all the money..he he!!

So that's it from our house on this fine Friday! We hope everyone has a great weekend! God's Blessings to everyone!!

10 comments:

Jamie said...

We set our alarm for 6:05...not sure why this time...just do. I too have an internal alarm that goes off at 5:30 but lucky for me I can get back to sleep.

Have a great time shopping!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I never used to snooze my alarm clock until I got married. "Snoozing"...one of the things I learned from my husband. Now I do the same thing...set it for and odd time and snooze it a few times before getting up.

Hope you have a great time in SF shopping!

LKooiker said...

I just have to ask - is it not dark at your house at 6:30?? You said that it was still dark at 5:30 so why get out of bed. I say that at 6:30 becuz it is still dark out, but then my kids would miss the bus, so I get up anyway!!

Have fun shopping tomorrow. I hope to go on Tuesday next week as then I can stop in Inwood on my way home for Kimberly's volleyball game at Inwood Christian. Good excuse to go shopping don't you think. I also have some returns that I need to do.

Have a great weekend.
Lori

Just Mom said...

My alarm clock has two legs and goes by the name, "Alex." He wakes me up at 6:30 a.m. I which it had a snooze button.

Jennifer said...

girl I'm with you.... I am not a morning person until AFTER I have gotten dressed, then it's not so bad. My husband still doesn't quite get it, that I just don't care to have an indepth conversation right when I wake up.

Oh, and that snooze button... it's a gift from God.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it! Have fun!

Rising Rainbow said...

I think if you get up at 6:30 each morning and don't kill anyone, you're definetly a morning person. lol

Non morning people are those who can't even roll out of bed at 11 without attacking someone or something. I know, I used to be one of those a long long time ago. lol

Jamey said...

I hope you had fun shopping and found some good deals!! I set my alarm clock for 7:01 AM. I don't like to set it for an even time, I'm not sure why!!

Tess said...

I truely think when they handed out the internal alarm clocks, I was standing behind the door! I set my alarm clock for 6:11 (Which is really 6:01 because I have my clock set 10 minutes fast). My theory is that every morning I have to do the math and figure out what time it really is, keeps my mind sharp!! Haa Haa.

Hope you had a good time shopping!

Lori said...

We don't usually set an alarm. Seems we wake up on our own...or our human alarm clock is usually Derek.

A mom said...

I agree. 5:30 is way to early. Yuck! I am a compulsive snooze button user. Only, I have to push mine many many times.