Friday, September 21, 2007

Glasses v. Contacts...

Well today I went to the Eye Dr. to get my contacts. They taught me how to put them in and take them out and all went really good with that. It will take me a little time to learn to stick my fingers in my eyes..he he! I'm not so sure about them yet but I contribute that to the fact that I've had glasses since 2nd grade and I'm getting use to them(the contacts). Right now I'm not seeing the greatest out of them but it almost is like when you get new lenses in your glasses and your eyes have to learn to see out of those new lenses and work together to see together. I hope that made sense (for those of you that don't have glasses or contacts it probably doesn't..he he :)!!) I think in the next few days I'll get more use to them.


Here are some lovely pictures of me with my glasses and with my contacts. Excuse the fact that they look like mug shots...I took them myself :)! Oh and the reason for the black and white is my face was REALLY bright on these pictures due to the flash and I messed with PhotoShop for a while and couldn't fix it. Best alternative was to make them black and white :)!!






Have a great weekend everyone! God's Blessings to you all!!

10 comments:

Just Mom said...

Looking good, Erin. :-D

Don't worry. You'll get used to the contact lenses. I didn't get contacts until after college. I had worn eyeglasses for years before that.

Jennifer said...

I think you look beautiful either way :o)

I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting used to new glasses (and contacts for that matter!)

I hope you enjoy your contacts :o) I'm sure you'll love them!

Have a wonderful weekend Erin!

the boedecker family said...

It always amazes me how different people look with glasses verses contacts! You look good either way!! I wish the boys were old enough for them to avoid breaking glasses every few months! HA!

Anonymous said...

You did it!!! YES! I bet you miss your glasses. I love it when I help kids and they keep going to push their glasses up only to find they don't have them on any more!

Soooo, no more glasses? Are you sure? Keep me posted :)

Jamey said...

Looks good either way. I know what you mean about getting used to new glasses. I have been wearing them since junior high and that was a LONG time ago! I would love to try contacts but they bother me so bad and my eyes are really dry. Can't stand them! I hope you are able to get used to them easily!!

Tess said...

I can relate as well. I have had glasses since 5th grade and contacts since 9th. I broke to many glasses playing sports! Ha Ha.
I love my contacts. I hardly ever wear my glasses, they just feel funny!

I think you will enjoy the freedom. I hope your eyes adjust quickly. You do look great either way!!! I really like your glasses style, they look good!
Have a great week!

Jamie said...

You really look good with and without the glasses!!

I hope you like your contacts. I found them VERY hard to get used to. Good Luck!

Tracy said...

I can't wear contacts for some reason. Probably because I can't even handle getting my fingers even close to my eyes. GOOD LUCK! Thanks for the pictures!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

You look great either way!

I too just got contacts and am having a tough time adjusting to them. My eyes get dried out way too easy and then start getting fuzzy. Maybe I just need to wear them more often ( I just use them for reading and computer work).

A mom said...

I think you look good either way. I hope you can get used to poking yourself in the eyeball all the time. I hated taking them out.

Like the new pictures. Can I have a bite of your nachos?