This past Saturday I decided it was time to decorate for fall! I don't have to even go out and buy much of anything when it comes to decorating for fall (which is a GOOD thing). We have all the fall decorations we could ask for since we had a fall themed wedding! We have about 10 leaf garlands, lots of "loose" leafs that can be scattered around the tables and shelves and lots of fake pumpkins and gourds. I LOVE FALL and just LOVE getting out these decorations! Plus they also remind me of the day I married my sweetie! I hope to also get some corn stalks, hay bales and pumpkins for a little fall scene outside out house. Hey I might even do two of them if I get real crazy :)!! Here are a few pictures of what I managed to do on Saturday :):

This coming Saturday I'm going shopping with my best friend Val (we have been best friends for over 25 years or so). I see Gordman's is having a sale on their "Fall Decor" so I plan to see if anything tickles my fancy. I hope to find a little stuffed scarecrow and maybe some things like that. I would LOVE to get something to hang out in the front of the house (maybe a flag or a little fall Welcome plaque...who knows). We might have to hit Michael's too to check out their fall stuff (that is where we got all the fall wedding supplies almost 2 years ago). I guess it just depends on if I have any $$ left after clothes shopping..he he!
Jeff sold 2 cars yesterday (one of which wasn't even being advertised)! He is going to go pick up another one tomorrow that needs some minor work. Hopefully we can sell that one before winter hits! We also need to sell the gray truck (picture below). That is going to be our "Newer Snowmobiles" money :)! So if anyone wants a really cool truck, let me know.. he he :)!!
I started my new "exercise and weight loss" program. I did this about a year ago where I counted my calories (I kept a food journal). I haven't been real careful with what I've been eating lately and have started to notice. So now the fun begins again. I hope to drop about 10 pounds before winter (and before Christmas..where it will probably come back on due to all the lovely and delicious Christmas goodies)! So far so good...then again it's only been 2 days now! I even took 2 walks yesterday. That's one thing I'm super bad at...I just don't exercise. I'm making an effort this time and I'm also taking Jake with me on one of my walks. He probably could stand to lose a few pounds too :)! Thank goodness the ducks don't follow us on our walk...that would be quite the site wouldn't it?!
So that's it from our house this fall-like Tuesday! We hope everyone had a great weekend! God's Blessings to you all! Oh and I'd liked to wish safe travels to my Mom as she heads out to Atlanta, Georgia tomorrow. Have fun Mom!!
10 comments:
Love the decor! I love this time of year!! Have a great time shopping...sounds like so much fun!
Love all your fall decorations. I love leaf and leaf swag. I just love the fall colors.
I also am trying to get into a good exercise routine. I do so good for awhile and then just get too busy to exercise.
Good luck to you with your exercising.
Have fun shopping this weekned.
oh fun! I have really got to take some pics of our fall decorations (especially since my mom keeps saying, "well I guess I'm going to have to make the hours drive if I want to see how you spiffed up for fall!?")
I LOVE your leaves! That garland is beautiful, and it give everything such warmth.
Hope you have a great time on your shopping spree. Can't wait to hear about your neat finds :o)
Rock on girl.. I hear you about the weight loss. I'm fearful of the holidays if I'm not prepared. Ugh.
Have a great Wednesday!
I am sorry, but I am not going to tell Al about your truck, because that so looks like something he would want. And he does not need yet another vehicle. :O)
I love your fall decor. I have been trying to find something in town, but I have found nothing I am crazy about. I never thought about checking out Michaels. I am going to have to do that next time I am in the big city. All I have managed to find are some window clings. Not exactly what I had in mind, but at least I have something up.
If you find some cute fall flags, let me know. I too have been trying to find one.
We photographed a fall wedding two years ago. It was so fun and beautiful. I wonder if she decorates with all of the fun stuff she had at their reception? That's such a great idea. I did notice a big arch by their house that they used with corn stalks at the wedding. They must have kept that :)
I love fall and all the beauty. It's starting to change in color round here and I'm loving every minute of it...it's what comes next that I don't like. Sounds liek you snowmobile. We did that when we were young...er. Not anymore. No more skiing, sledding, ice skating...I guess you get my point. I think I like summer :)
Your house looks nice!! I just love fall!!
Have fun shopping. :)
Good luck with the exercising!!
Looks good! Fall decorating is so fun.
Exercising, I need to make time for it, but of course it is just to easy to plop down on the floor and play with the boy. I can come up with every excuse in the book as to why I haven't been, but I NEED to Start!!! Good luck with your mission, I hope it goes well.
Good luck on your exercise/weight loss routine. Did you do Weight Watchers? I always wondered how that works. Although I don't want to attend meetings. Who has time for that?!?!
Love your decor. Gordman's does have some fun fall stuff. HAVE FUN!!!
Oooh, I love Gordmans!
Love your fall decorations too!
Nice fall decorations! I love those colors. I hope you had luck finding more at Gordmans while you were out shopping. Good luck with your exercise and weight loss program!!
Post a Comment