I guess there really isn't too much to say since this week has been pretty uneventful (well with the exception of Monday's tire incident)! We have been pretty boring at our house lately but I'm sure that won't stop me from doing the play by play of our week so far..he he!
I have been looking though cookbooks and cooking magazines trying to get my December menu done. The menu thing seems to work pretty good. So does the once a month "big" grocery shopping. I did however forget a few things the last time so this time when I make my grocery list I better double check to make sure I have everything on there. Next time I go grocery shopping (next week sometime) I need to get the ingredients for our Christmas goodies. I think I have a list of about 10 to 12 different kinds of things I'll be making this year. I'm so excited to start my baking...and really excited to sample everything..he he!
Jeff's been busy moving things around the yard in case it snows. It might be doing just that this weekend. It's funny though because one TV station says there is only a 30% chance of snow on Saturday and nothing Sunday while another TV station says there is a 40% chance on Saturday and 50% chance on Sunday for snow. Who to believe? I know one of the stations is notorious for blowing things like this way out of proportion so I guess we'll see what this weekend brings. Jeff has also been working on a few things out in the shop. Last night he painted a door in our house to match our mud room and he also put plastic on the windows to hopefully prevent the drafts from coming into the house. So far so good...especially on those really windy cold days! I hope this helps out on our use of propane (since it's so stinkin' expense).
We don't have anything too major going on this weekend. Jeff has a tractor pull meeting tomorrow night. This is where they talk about new rules and concerns from last year. Sometimes I guess things get kinda heated. On Saturday we have the Prostrollo Christmas party which I'm sure will be entertaining. It always is. Maybe I'll have some story's to share after that whole experience! Then on Sunday we'll do our usual (if the weather is decent).
We hope everyone is having a great week. It's almost Friday! YIPPPPEEE! God's Blessings to everyone!
6 comments:
Tractor pull meetings? That so cracks me up. I had no idea that it was so simular to racing. The racing meetings used to get pretty heated too.
I am looking forward to hearing about the christmas goodies you make. I would like it even better if I could sample them. Its better this way though. I don't get as many calories.
I love looking through cookbooks and magazines this time of year. I get so many different ideas. Of course, with no family nearby, I'm always looking for an excuse to bake. Planning a cookie exchange by any chance? ;-)
Sounds like you make a lot of Christmas goodies. Can't wait to hear about them and see the recipes.
Cookie exchange sounds great to me too.
YUM! Take pics of those CHristmas goodies... would love to see some recipes of your favorites too ;o) if you can share them!
I hope you have a great week Erin! Happy almost Friday!
It was snowing here yesterday (about 3pm) and I came home, turned on the tv and the newsbreak at the top of the hour comes on saying....slight chance of snow later on this evening....HELLO, it's snowing right now I want to scream!
I want to do some Christmas goodie baking too....got any good recipes to share with us?
Good luck with the baking. I leave that to my mother in law!
I hope it doesn't snow this weekend. We need to make a trip to SF.
The snow yesterday was pretty. Now today it looks nice out. But yet, I never leave the house during the day. At least the sun is shining!!
Post a Comment