Monday, November 19, 2007

Tin = Garage that won't cave in....

Saturday morning started bright and early. Lee, Judy and Brian were at our house by 9:00 a.m. to help Jeff put tin on the garage roof. It was a little chilly out there for the guys! At one point it was even sleeting on them as they put the tin on! It was NUTS! After that though the sun came out and the guys had the tin on by noon. Judy and I hung out in the house since it wasn't that great outside (that wind was chilly). I made dinner (meatloaf, baked potatoes and corn with Chocolate Crunch Brownies for dessert). After everyone was extremely full the guys went back outside to work on a few odds and ends. Judy and I again stayed in the nice warm house. They left at around 3:00 and Jeff continued to do some things outside until about 5:45 when he decided we should go to town for his birthday supper.


The birthday "boy" picked 2nd Street Diner as his birthday celebration choice. We ate some delicious food and had milk shakes. After that we went to Lewis to price out Christmas trees. The one we have now is a hand-me-down and had been used for many many years. We decided to get a new one...and one that is pre-lit. We found one at Lewis that we really liked so we decided to get it. When we went to purchase it the cashier rang it up and it was $211.00! I was like "Ummm...it's suppose to be on sale for $149.99". I don't think she believed me as she started leafing though the store flyer. Finally she called the guy who had brought it out from the back room. Turns out it was the wrong tree! So he went and dug around in the back room for a while and brought one out. This one rang up for the right price so we purchased it. Right away when we got home though Jeff took it out of the box and set it up to make sure this was the right tree. It was (thank goodness) so we just left it up. It's beautiful and I plan to decorate it today.


On Sunday we headed out to Inwood for church and family time. We celebrated Thanksgiving with Lee, Judy, Brian, Tami, Alan and Corey yesterday. We had all the Thanksgiving fixin's...Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, corn, etc. etc. Needless to say we were all STUFFED! I took a nap that afternoon (go figure..he he). We got home last night at around 6:30 and Jeff brought all the Christmas decorations down from the storage room. That'll save me a bunch of trips up and down the stairs (THANK YOU HONEY)!


So now it's back to the grind. It's a short work week though so that'll be nice. Jeff has to work on Friday and I'm thinking about taking the day off. Not sure on that one yet though. I ordered some Christmas presents last week Friday and hope to order a few more this week and hit a few stores in town for a few more presents. I think I'm actually on the ball this year!


I still have yet to get some good shots of the chickens (so that's why there haven't been any pictures of them yet). They pretty much stay inside during the colder days so it's hard to capture them at their best when they are inside the chicken coop. I'll keep trying though!


We hope everyone had a great weekend. Happy Monday and God's Blessings to everyone!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I hope you enjoy your Christmas tree. My mother-in-law got one a few years ago and it only lasted ONE year. I hope yours fairs better!!

I can't wait to put up Christmas decor on Friday!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Sounds like a productive yet fun weekend!

The chickens must be like children...so hard to get them to cooperate for a decent picture!

Lori said...

Glad you had a fun supper for Jeff's birthday.

We already have our tree up, but then again we had family here too.
We have Christmas in a couple days.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Tess said...

I am debating on where to put my tree this year. It is going to be battle of wills between the cats, micah and myself! I think I will wait a while before I put it up. Less fighting..

Glad Jeff had a good birthday and glad the roof went well.

A mom said...

What tree did you get? I just bought one there too and it is so beautiful. I can't wait to decorate it.

Its a little late, but I am glad you had such a great weekend. Hopefully this one will be just as great.