Well Jeff and I are the proud new owners of 9 CHICKENS! Yup you read that right...we now have chickens! Jeff went and picked them up last night and they are now in their chicken coop. We have to keep them in there for a week or two so they know to stay in the yard and where the coop is, etc. We had to do that with the ducks when we got them too. I'm excited that we will have fresh eggs. I just hope the rooster (who's HUGE by the way) isn't mean to me when I go collect. I'll probably make sure he is not anywhere remotely close to me when I collect the eggs...he he :)! I'll have to take some pictures of them after we turn them loose around the yard. Not sure what Jake or the ducks will think of them but I hope they can all live in peace and harmony :)!
Thank you to everyone for the anniversary wishes! We had a good one. We went out to eat on Saturday night to Pelican Landing. It was delicious! They have really really good food and we had this really awesome chocolate cake with homemade caramel sauce...it was GREAT (I'm getting hungry just thinking about it)! We then went home and watched Blades of Glory on paper view. It was a pretty funny movie...typical Will Farrell! I think we both were asleep in the living room by 10:30! And we got that extra hour of sleep...who could ask for anything more...he he :)!
Not much else is going on at our house. I am thinking about getting my scrapbooking stuff out this afternoon...for some reason the cold weather makes me feel like getting creative! I need to also get started on making a list of Christmas goodies I plan to make this year. I am so excited to do my holiday baking! I LOVE this time of year!
I started our menu on Monday so I posted a new recipe on our recipe blog (the link to that is on the right hand side of our blog under "Blogs We Enjoy". I am going to post some more recipes Thursday, Friday and Saturday as I'll be trying new things each of those nights. I am excited to try out some different things! Tonight it's Breakfast for Supper at our house...pretty easy and delicious too!
We hope everyone is having a wonderful week. God's Blessings to everyone!
8 comments:
Good luck with the Chickens!!
I am glad you had a great anniversary!!
Sounds like you had a great time going out to supper for your anniversary. That meal is making my mouth water too and I just had lunch.
Good luck with your chickens.
Have a great week!
Congratulations Chicken Owner :o)
Glad you had such a great anniversary!
I had breakfast for lunch today... it was delicious! Hope yours is just as tasty!
Congrats on the chickens...can't wait to see pics of them and you collecting the eggs too!
Can I come out to your house to feed your chickens? That is so fun! And I am a huge dork!
Have fun with your new chickens!!
I am going to check out your menu blog...always need new ideas for supper!!
Wow, Chickens, Ducks, Dog!! I hope that rooster respects you, just carry a big stick to poke him with that will calm him down! :) JK
Recipe Blog is great, I just need to find the ambition to cook! I am a struggling wife at the moment. Must be the weather, time change and changing to winter hours all at once!
Have a good week!
Congrats on the chickens and happy anniversary a little late!!!!
Post a Comment