We had a pretty uneventful weekend. On Friday night we went to Pizza Hut where we proceeded to stuff our faces :)! It was yummy and we even had some leftovers to take home with us. We didn't go look at Christmas lights that night but we bummed around Lewis for a bit looking at everything. We picked up one of those waterfall fountain type things that plays nature sounds. It's really neat. I am one of those people who has to have noise in order to fall asleep so we decided to try this. I have been sleeping much better the last few days now that I don't have the radio going. For some reason the radio always distracted me....I would incorporate the song on the radio into my dreams or I would wake up when a certain song was playing. Very strange. Hopefully this waterfall fountain changes that!
On Saturday I started my holiday baking. I haven't even put a dent in it yet but I did get 3 different things made. I made Butter Brittles, Mint Fudge, and Delicious Pumpkin Bread. All of which turned out good if I do say so myself..he he :)! Today I plan to make 2 more kinds of cookies. I hope to do that every day until my baking is done. Jeff has treat day at work in Thursday so I gotta get crackin'!
Brian came up on Saturday morning to pick up a truck from Jeff. Jeff decided to "sell/trade" this truck for the new puller tractor. Jeff had worked on this truck (restoring it) and it just hasn't been finished yet so Brian wanted a project and asked Jeff if he would "trade". So Jeff decided to do it since that trucks been sitting there for years without any work done to it. Plus Jeff didn't know when in the world he'd finish it. They loaded all that up, we had lunch and Brian took off back to Inwood. Jeff came in after that and pretty much relaxed the rest of the day Saturday. He was on the computer some of the afternoon looking for accessories and parts for his "new" snowmobile :)! He already has a list of some things he wants to get for it :)!
On Sunday we headed to Inwood for church and family time. We got to see everyone again...it had been two weeks. It is so amazing to see how much Corey has changed in such a sort time. Two weeks ago he wasn't sitting up or holding his own bottle and then yesterday he's sitting up and holding his bottle. It's just amazing how fast they grow! It's also amazing that Cade is going to be a year old on Friday! I seriously have no idea where the year went!! Adam said he's doing a bunch of fun things now. We can't wait to see everyone on Saturday :)! We left Inwood at 5:00 and got home shortly after 6:30 or so. We pretty much vegged the rest of the night (I was asleep on the couch by 9:30)!
Today's it back to the grind. We didn't get much snow this past weekend. I think we had 1/2 an inch if even which was fine. It was the nice pretty fluffy stuff...so that was ok. It's cold today and it looks like that cold stuff is going to stick around for awhile. I guess it is December! I hope to get my shopping done this week. I got all of Jeff's presents bought last week and only have a few more people to buy for and we are officially done with our Christmas shopping! YIPPEEE! This is a big deal for us because we are usually last minute people.
Well that's it for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! God's Blessings to everyone!
8 comments:
MMMM....Pizza Hut...I love pizza!
I started my Christmas baking yesterday...still have some to make yet...hopefully this week.
Pizza Hut does sound delicous.
The kids are begging for a Tuesday Night Out -- kids eat free on Tuesday's.
I keep thinking I should get one of those fountain things too.
I love to listen to water falls.
Enjoy all your baking.
We all have fans in our bedrooms in the summer time and humidifiers in the winter for NOISE when we go to sleep. But when we go somehwere without those things...we all have a hard time going to sleep.
Pizza Hut...Dawson's FAVORITE!! Yummy!!
So...just how much baking do you do?
We are getting closer to being done with our shopping and I haven't even started baking yet. I am not doing as much this year because in Jan. I am going back on Weight Watchers to finally get skinny again. I have to ask, where in SD are you at? I have been trying to figure that out and all I can guess is Brookings or Sioux Falls. It would be fun to meet sometime if possible. Hey, if you are in Wtn., bring some goodies along and we can do lunch!!!! ;)
I leave the Christmas baking to everyone else in the world...I am not a baker and I don't think I will start being one this year.
Have a good one!!
Wow, you guys have been busy!
Christmas goodies, Ughh, I have to get going on that! I only have one thing made so far. I better get ambitious, people are counting on me! haa...
How do you stay so thin with all of your yummy baking?
Post a Comment