Well instead of my usual resolution (to lose weight) I have decided to list a few goals I hope to achieve this year. Here they are:
1.) Trust God with all my heart. I'm a worrier...which could even be an understatement. I have decided that this is the year that I completely and totally leave it all up to God. I have decided to TRUST him in all that goes on in my life whether it's good or bad. I need to stop the excessive worry and just like God handle everything. He's the one that is in control of it all anyway :)!
The next few are not as deep as the first one:
2.) Finish my wedding scrapbook. We have been married a little over 2 years now and I really need to finish this scrapbook. Last year I started on it and made a pretty good dent in it but lost steam. So after the Christmas tree comes down on Saturday, out comes my craft table and all my scrap booking stuff. And I'm not putting it all away until the wedding scrapbook is done!
3.) Use my sewing machine I got for Christmas last year. That poor sewing machine has sat there for a year now and I haven't even attempted to use it! I bought some patterns, fabric and thread quite a while ago but again...all that sat in the bag right by the sewing machine. So this year I am going to master that sewing machine and make some really neat crafts with it. My first attempt at sewing will be making an apron. Don't worry I'll post pictures..it might not be pretty but I'll post some pictures :)!
4.) Get the cute cabin type wall paper up in our kitchen. Another project that I have all the supplies for but have yet to start! The wall paper has been sitting in the Menards bag since I bought it early last year. Sad I know! This year I vow to get it up on the kitchen walls! And again...pictures will be taken! If anyone has any fabulous wall paper tips please fill me in (I need all the help I can get).
5.) Get more organized (at home). The down stairs isn't so bad..it's the upstairs I'm talking about. Being that our house is an old farmhouse that was built in like 1940 something...there are only 2 closets. So I don't have the luxury of "hiding" things in the closets upstairs. The two closets we have are filled with clothes. We have a storage/attic but again..that needs to be organized. So this is the year of ORGANIZATION :)!
I guess that's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure as the year progresses I'll think of more! I have a whole year to get all this done...plenty of time, don't ya' think..he he :)!
Otherwise not too much is going on at our house. I think we'll have a pretty low key weekend. I am taking down Christmas decorations tomorrow (sniff, sniff). We finally unplugged our lights outside last night. I guess it was time! Jeff will probably work on his snowmobile tomorrow. He has a few things to do to it before the big snowmobiling trip. Hopefully the Hill's gets some snow before we all head out there. I guess we have a little time yet!
We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to you all!
8 comments:
Those sound like wonderful goals!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Wow, you are ambitious this year! I hope you get everything done you want to get done. Your goals sound great! Good Luck and keep us posted!!
Why is it that loosing some pounds shows up on almost everyones resolution list. This year, I vowed not to make any, but to just do them. Make sense?
Don't feel bad about not having your wedding scrap book done. I have been married for 8 years and I still just have my proofs. Horrible, I know.
LOVE YOUR RESOLUTIONS!
At first I thought, did I post this? :o) the first few goals sounded a lot like mine... wedding scrapbook and sewing! (although I haven't started my wedding scrapbook yet, and I just got my sewing machine for Christmas this year)
Trust... I'm such a worrier too. Isn't it hard? I find it hard not to be in control of every situation. Keep looking to Him for it. After all, Jesus is the "author and perfector of our faith" :o) what more could we ask for?
Great resolutions. Hope you can accomplish it all.
Good luck with the scrapbook. I started 2 scrapbooks for the kids and haven't gotten very far. I need to just take a Sat. afternoon and go to the scrapbook store and do a few pages. Good luck with your goals. Love the first one and I am there with you. I am a control freak and have a hard time trusting everything will work out.
Wonderful goals! The wedding scrap book sounds wonderful. I have been married 10 years and I still only have my proofs as well! I guess Miah and I are on the same page.
I really don't have a crafty bone in my body so I admire the sewing and everything. I can do it if I have to, but I am not one to seek out crafts.
Have a good week Erin!!
Organization...I need to get a little better at that too!
Post a Comment