Well there really isn't too much to report from our house. It's still plenty cold out and now it's snowing and blowing. I got to bust though a few drifts this morning on my way to work. Thank goodness they weren't that big :)! I have a feeling I'll be doing some drift busting on the way home again this afternoon. On days like today I wish I could just stay home, under a nice warm blanket and read a good book. I guess I can probably do that later today after work. Yup that sounds like a good plan :)!
I've been out walking Jake in this cold weather. It doesn't bother him any. He snorts around in the snow and runs though it like a crazy dog. It's funny to watch. I've really noticed in the last few weeks how he refuses to listen to me. It's crazy! I can be standing 2 feet in front of him telling him not to do something and he looks at me and does it anyway. He wouldn't even dream of doing that kind of stuff while Jeff is with him. I guess that goes with the whole master and man's best friend thing. Oh well...Jake still cracks me up. He is a pretty good dog and I'm grateful that we have him.
Jeff got a "new" truck last week. He "upgraded" I guess you could say. We traded in our 2000 GMC Sierra for a 2003 Chevy Silverado. The new one is black and is VERY sharp! It's about 4 inches higher then our other truck though. I swear I'll have to get a running start if I'm going to get into the thing..he he! That'll be quite the site won't it :)! Don't worry...I'll take pictures (ok so probably not). He might have to get me a little step stool thing or something. This new truck weights more too so that'll be good for hauling the tractor around this summer. He's really excited to try it out in June. Actually he might be taking the tractor to Inwood on Saturday so he can try it out then.
I have just been up to the usual household chores and working. I think I'm going to get my scrapbooking stuff out here again in the next week or two. I also started reading a book last night. I haven't been reading as much as I would like to lately so I'm starting that up again. I also need to get working on my menu for February. I didn't do one for January and quickly realized that I was at Sunshine (use to be Jubilee) once a week again spending WAY TOO much money. So I'll be making my monthly trek to Brookings yet again here in the next few weeks.
We got some pictures back of Jeff on his snowmobiling trip to Wyoming. I'll have to post some of those. There was TONS of snow out there! It looks like it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I can tag along next year (because staying at home was for the birds). We are also in the process of trying to figure out where in the world to go on vacation in October. We are talking about Wyoming (the mountain area of Wyoming..not the boring flat Wyoming) or Wisconsin. I guess I better start going some research. That's always fun to do...I love looking at cabins and things like that online.
Well I'm managed to ramble quite a bit! I usually do that when I don't think I have anything to talk about :)! We hope everyone is staying warm! God's Blessings to you all!! Have a good rest of the week!
9 comments:
"We traded in our 2000 GMC Sierra for a 2003 Chevy Silverado. The new one is black and is VERY sharp! It's about 4 inches higher then our other truck though. I swear I'll have to get a running start if I'm going to get into the thing.."
LOL.
Congratulations on the new truck.
Sounds like you have been busy again.
Try to stay warm.
Enjoy reading your book.
Wyoming.... I guess around here in NC, we forget there are such states :o) heehee!
Congrats on the new truck! I'm worried that Rich or myself will have to get a 'new to us' care very soon. We drive cars until they won't run anymore.
Enjoy your new ride!
May be you could sew yourself a cape for the leap into the new truck.......
Congrats on the new truck!!!
Stay Warm!!!
Congrats on the new wheels!!!! Now you can really bust through some big snowdrifts!!!
Pictures Erin, pictures! I would love to see pics of the new truck and the snowmobiling ones too!
Hey Erin!! I am back! I am sorry for being MIA for so long!
The truck sounds great! I hear ya on the needing a stool! Being 5'tall I can relate! ha.
Vacations are a blast, I hope you find a good place to go! Can't wait to hear where you decide!
Have a great weekend!!
Congrats on the new truck! We have been looking a little here and there too. Nothing serious but it's fun to look! Scrapbooking sounds like a good idea in this weather we have been having! I am a little tired of the COLD!!
Post a Comment