In the past few days I have started to feel our little munchkin move! It's amazing! Right now it just feels like someone is tickling me from the inside. It's the neatest feeling ever. I laid down before bed one night for 20 minutes and could feel the baby swimming around in there. I also felt a few "stronger" kicks or punches...but those were few and far between :)! I can't wait until Jeff is able to feel the baby! God is so GOOD!!
Jeff's been staying in the house the past few nights due to the cold weather. I don't blame him...who wants to go out into the cold after being in the nice warm house for an hour or two! We're going to head to S. Falls in the next few days to price out some things at Menards. Jeff is going to be putting a wood stove in the shop to help cut down on the propane expense (which is outragous). He needs to price out the outside chimmey stuff. I think we'll also be buying some of those big huge totes to start our Spring cleaning/organizing project in our house.
I'm really ready for Spring to get here. I've been looking at my seed catalogs the past few nights trying to decide what I need to plant in the garden. However when it's -20 outside it's sure hard to envision it being nice enough to plant a garden. I know it's coming though...we just all need to be patient :)! Not sure how the gardening will go this summer being very pregnant but I guess we'll wait and see. Jeff already said he'd do all the hard work out there...bless his heart :)!
My Mom came up to visit this past weekend. She actually got stranded at Adam and Morgan's because Cedar Rapids/Marion got 6 to 8 inches of snow on Saturday into Sunday. She drove home Monday and it took her about 7 to 8 hours to get home (normally only takes 6). She said at some points everyone was only going 20 mph on the Interstate! Yikes! We're so happy she made it home! She said there were countless cars in the ditches too! They have really had a TON of snow down at their house this past winter...it seems to hit them every weekend! We all had a great time visiting too! It was nice to see everyone again. Cade has changed a lot since Christmas. He's walking all over the place now..and he likes to jabber!
Well I guess that's about it from our house. Not too much going on. We hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! God's Blessings to everyone...and STAY WARM!!!
13 comments:
That is the coolest feeling when they start moving!! How fun!! Jeff will be so excited when he can feel it too. That's nice of him to offer to do the hard work in the garden, what a nice husband! It is hard to even think of a garden on a day like today. I think I am going to plant a few things this year too. I will need to start small and we have a bit of a rabbit problem around here so I will have to figure that out too! We will really appreciate spring once it gets after the cold winter we have had!!
How fun to start feeling the baby move!!! Oh-how I hated being pregnant but LOVED the "idea" of having a baby inside. It truly is a miracle!! You are going to have to start taking belly pictures for all to see!!
:)
Oh yeah. God is good.
Stay warm.
It is so cool to feel the baby move! I am excited for you, yes - Jeff probably can't wait to feel he/she move either!
I am like Tracy, I didn't enjoy being pregnant per say, but I love the idea of having a baby inside too! It is the greatest gift god can give in my opinion!
How exciting! Thanks for sharing all the baby news with us here in blogland :o) it's just wonderful!
When you started talking about what seeds you were going to plant, the first thing that popped in my head was all that canning you had to do last season! Whew, you may want to hire out this season :o)
I hope the snow and cold isn't getting to you too much. I'm ready for spring to arrive, too. We don't get too much snow here, but the freezing rain and ice we're getting again tomorrow isn't on my happy list.
Have a great rest of the week!
What an exciting time in your life....I remember all those firsts and they were the best!
Gardening may be a bit of a challenge for you this year but I am sure you will do great with it.
God is GOOD!
I loved it the first time I REALIZED it was Brooklyn moving and not gas!!!! :) Being pregnant is such a neat experience and I think the husbands really do miss out on some of the amazing miracles going on in our bodies! Stay warm!
Hey! Where did my comment go?
Seriously. I was here yesterday and some how managed to mess up leaving a comment. Geesh.
As for the comment, it was something like this.
Just wait until baby starts trying to show you its arm or butt. That is really cool.
I hate to be a pooper, but I wasn't due until Sept, and my belly wouldn't allow me to do any gardening. It hurt to much to bend and squat down to weed, etc. My beautiful oasis turned into a weed forest. Good think you got Jeff to help you.
So, have you been having any morning sickness?
I loved that part of being pregnant!! The moving is just awesome!!
Came by to check out how you are doing. What a joy to feel that little life inside of you. It only gets better. I've loved being pregnant! I would do it over in a heartbeat.
How exciting and fun! I remember that was my favorite part of being pregnant feeling all the kicks and flutters.
I sure am ready for spring too.
ERIN!!!! I had no idea you were expecting. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you. I about had a heart attack when I saw that you could already feel the baby move. I'm just beside myself for you. YAY!!!
Post a Comment