Monday, February 25, 2008

Winnie the Pooh

Ever since I was little I have LOVED Winnie the Pooh. In fact I still have my very first Winnie the Pooh that I got when I was a baby. He's seen better days but I still have him :)!

So when we found out I was pregnant I had visions of Winnie the Pooh dancing in my head! The search began for anything Winnie the Pooh! Jeff said he didn't really have a preference one way or another. We did want to make sure that everything is gender neutral because we plan on having at least one more baby after this and reusing all our stuff.

I found the CUTEST bedding set at Walmart.com and it was ON SALE. Two of my favorite words! They had them in stock online so I was waiting for awhile to buy it but a horrible thing happened. It went to Out of Stock a few weeks after I found it!! I figured it was because of the wonderful price ($49.98) and of course I know Winnie the Pooh is very popular. So I searched the stores in S.Falls and Brookings. Well Brookings had it In Stock and S. Falls only had it at one of their Walmarts in Limited Stock. So I thought about heading to Brookings last Friday afternoon but decided since they had it in stock that I could wait until this week sometime. Well Saturday morning I checked it out again and guess what??!! Brookings store site now said that this bedding set was NOT AVAILABLE!!! I was crushed! Of course you can't find it online anywhere (trust me I looked everyplace..even e*Bay).

So what's a girl to do...I really wanted this CUTE Winnie the Pooh bedding!! So I emailed my parents..that's what I did :)! They have quite a few Walmarts down in their area so I thought I would give it a shot. Well my Dad got the email and did a store search for their area. The local Walmarts didn't have the bedding set...but he did find it in a town about 20 miles away. So he printed off the description, upc code and picture of the Crib Bedding and took it home to my Mom. She said she wanted something to do on Saturday so she went on a road trip :)! She said when she got to this Walmart they had 3 of them left. She grabbed one and off she went! I thanked her 100 times over last night when I was on the phone with her. And I thanked my Dad too for searching for it! My Mom said it was alot of fun looking at all the baby stuff and when we go down there in a few weeks she said we'll go shopping :)! So I am a happy camper! And our baby is going to have the CUTEST crib bedding every :)!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Now you all are probably wondering what this bedding looks like. Here is a picture. I got it off the Walmart website so it's like a complete nursery. It's not our baby's nursery :)....just wanted to clarify that!


It's not the best detailed picture so if you really want to see it you'll have to go check it out at the Walmart website..he he :)! I also have a bunch of Winnie the Pooh and friends stuffed animals that I got when I was in High School..so those will be coming out of storage and will be used in the baby's room. This is fun stuff people :)! I also found a whole Graco set of Days of Hunny stuff that I plan to put on my registry. Hey it's all gender neutral so why not!

On to other things..even though I could talk baby stuff for hours....we had a pretty uneventful weekend. I cleaned the house on Saturday morning and ran to town in the afternoon to pick up a few things. Wouldn't you know it that the major thing that I needed (a shower curtain) was the one thing I forgot to get! So Jeff and I ran back to town and we also washed the car. I think pregnancy brain has officially set in..he he :)! Jeff worked out in the shop all afternoon on his wood stove and on a vehicle he's been working on for awhile. On Sunday we did the family thing in Inwood. It was a nice weekend and it wasn't so cold for once!

We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! God's Blessings to everyone this fine Monday!

8 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

Cute bedding!

The fun has only just begun.

Jamey said...

I love the Winnie the Pooh stuff!! Very cute! I am so glad for you that your parents were able to find it. And how fun to get out all your "old" stuffed animals to help decorate the new baby's room!! Have a good week!

Tracy said...

VERY CUTE!!!

I am so glad you were able to find it. Especially since you knew you wanted it!

Great job mom and dad!

Jennifer said...

How precious!

You can't go wrong with Pooh :o)
How wonderful of your parents to search for you -- I'm sure they are just so thrilled too at the coming of a new little one!

Glad to hear you're doing good!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love that bedding...it is so cute!

I could listen to you talk about your pregnancy and baby all day....I can tell how excited you are!

the boedecker family said...

Ilove Winnie the Pooh, I had tons of it for each of the 4 kids!! Cute bedding! Awesome parents!!

Tess said...

Looks very cute!! That Graco set is cute as well, he/she will love it!!Pooh is very cool!

I love hearing the excitement in your words! Please - type away, it is great to read!!

A mom said...

So much shopping, so little time!