Ok so the time change threw me and Jeff for a total loop! I knew that it was coming up..in fact we talked about it earlier last week. I usually don't forget things like this but here is what happened on Sunday:
We had the alarm set for 6:30 a.m. (as usual). So I got up, jumped in the shower and proceeded to get ready while watching T.V. Jeff was still in bed and I said to him "Oh that's weird..KELO must have started showing their early morning show at 6 a.m. now instead of 7." Jeff just agreed with me and then something in my brain clicked and I said "Is it really 7:00?" He looks at the atomic clock we have and it reads 7:55 a.m.!! Oh shoot...we forgot all about the time change and this clock happens to be the only clock in the house that has changed on its own! Needless to say...we didn't make it to Inwood for church on Sunday morning! We usually are out of the house and on the road by 7:55 a.m. Sundays to make it to 9:30 a.m. church! I blame it all on pregnancy brain..he he :)!!
We still went to Inwood and got there around 10:30 a.m. Boy am I glad we figured all this out before heading out to church. That would have been real embarrassing walking into church an hour late! Yikes! We had a wonderful lunch, watched NASCAR and I napped for an hour. We got home around 6:15 p.m. and it was weird because it was still light out and still very cold! I love the time change though (well for the most part) because it means Spring is on it's way (hopefully). I love how the days seem longer and I love knowing that the days are going to keep getting longer until the first day of summer in June!
We have a week and a day to go until our big ultrasound. We are so excited and so is my Mom. She is driving up to go with us to see what our little munchkin is. Hopefully the baby cooperates :)! I'm sure I'll have some sort of countdown on here marking the days until the 18th. I hope this week goes super fast too! Munchkin has been swimming around and kicking me like crazy the past few days again. I notice it most when I can just sit and not do anything. If I'm up doing stuff I don't notice it so much. I have been having problems with sleeping. My hips get really really sore and crampy while I sleep. So usually I'm tossing and turning all night long. Last night/this morning I slept until 5:00 a.m. when it all started so I only had to deal with it for an hour and a half. Oh well...it's so worth it :)!
We hope everyone had a great weekend! Happy Monday and here's to a VERY VERY FAST WEEK! God's Blessings to you all!
12 comments:
Looking forward to hearing all about your ultrasound. I hope the baby cooperates for you and you get all the information you need.
Here's to a FAST week!
Can't wait to hear the results of your ultrasound. I thought I would mention - I too had problems with my hips while pregnant (only the last 3 since my hip problems began after delivering my 1st baby at 10pounds!!) anyway - I found some comfort if while sleeping on my side I slept with a pillow between my legs. Don't know if it will help you or not, but worth a try!!
Lori
I remember waiting for the ultrasound date! Those were long weeks!! I hope it goes fast for you. I can't wait to hear all about it.
I am usually working for daylight savings time and this year I had it off. But we did remember somehow! I always worry that we are going to forget. That's too bad that you missed church but at least you were able to spend the day with your family!
Look forward to hearing about the ultrasound! The time change got me too, I had to teach Sunday school this week and forgot to set the clock, thankfully I was up early enough and got there just in time!! Here's to a fast week!
The longer days ...
Yeah, I used to like them too -- until Just Son started wanting to stay up until the sun went down. Ah well. At least it will get warmer outside.
I am so excited for you guys!! Keep us all posted on the outcome of the ultrasound!! :)
We almost forgot about the time change too. I knew about it all week too and then bam...forgot that evening and I can't even blame mine on pregnancy brain, just OLD brain. Our son came home at 1am and said "mom,you haven't set the clock ahead yet". What am I going to do without him next year, he is such an awesome kid.
Can't wait to hear the results of your ultrasound....cool stuff!
My hips hurt like crazy too, Erin. I also slept with a pillow between my knees. With Jack, our 3rd, Justin slept on the couch because the uneven-ness (totally not a word - or if it is, it's not spelled right) of the bed was what was causing my pain.
I also had problems with my hips and it helped a lot to sleep with a pillow between my thighs. And a pillow under my belly.
You are not alone with the time change. My sis-n-law forgot and she went about her business and showed up at church. She thought it seemed strange that kids were running around when the should be getting to sunday school school class. One of which, she teaches. LOL!! I guess her kids didn't have a teacher that day.
I remember having hip and back problems too. I surrounded myself with pillows.
I'm guessing that you wouldn't have been the only ones late for church! We had many folks arriving an hour off course last Sunday! The time change sure buggers everyone up! My children STILL aren't used to it 4-5 days later!
Ultrasounds were always fun - enjoy!!
The only good thing about the time change is I get to switch to summer hours! Other than that, it isn't great.
Post a Comment