Monday, March 03, 2008

One Hour Glucose Test

Well I wasn't suppose to have to have this test done for another 8 weeks or so but on Friday they found some sugar in my urine. I suppose it might have had something to do with the 2 cups of decaf coffee that I had flavored with 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1 Tablespoon creamer..oh and my giant glass of OJ plus my breakfast cereal. I seriously didn't think anything of it since I'm so use to going to the Doctor in the afternoon for my check-ups.

Well at noon on Friday they called to tell me I had sugar in my urine and they wanted to do the glucose test the following week. The nurse asked me what I had eaten for breakfast so I told her what I just told all of you (see above). She thought maybe that had something to do with it..since I've never had a problem before (well that I know of anyway). So this morning I had NO coffee and NO OJ..just cereal with a tiny bit of milk in it and some water for breakfast. I got up to the clinic at around 8:50 a.m. and sat there with a BUNCH of sick people. I drank that glucose stuff..not too bad. Tasted like a really sugary Coke. Then I sat there for an hour with more SICK people. At least they all seemed to be testing negative for influenza (thank goodness).

After an hour of sitting there I got my blood drawn and back to work I went. The baby was kicking and moving around a lot after that sugar got in my system. It was neat to feel all the kicks again which seem to be getting stronger as the days and weeks go by. In church yesterday during the sermon the baby was going nuts. Every time the pastor would raise his voice or yell the baby would kick. Too cute! Of course I'm trying not to smile during a pretty serious sermon but it was hard not to! I just LOVE feeling this little munchkin moving and kicking!

Oh and I'll know my test results tomorrow. If I flunk this test I get to do a 3 hour one..oh goodie..3 hours in the waiting room with more SICK people. When I got back to the office I washed my hands for about 5 minutes I swear. I also sprayed the office down with L*ysol and also sanitized everything with those wipes. GERMS GERMS STAY AWAY!!

We had an uneventful weekend. I baked cookies on Saturday morning and then hung out in the house the rest of the afternoon. Jeff worked out in the shop all afternoon. Yesterday we went to Inwood for church, dinner and family time. It's always fun to see what new things Corey has managed to learn in a week. He is sure growing up fast..hard to believe he's almost 9 months old! After we left Inwood we came home and vegged out. We had omelets for supper to use up our 3 1/2 dozen eggs. Of course that hardly put a dent in them! The chickens are very productive lately. Anyone need any fresh farm eggs??

So I guess that's it in a nutshell. I'm working a little later today due to being out this morning. I'm only going to do it in short spirts though...15 minutes extra today and then 20 minutes extra the rest of the week. Yup that oughta get me all caught up! We hope everyone had a great weekend! God's Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I loved feeling both my kids moving around until Cooper got strong enough that he would kick all the time. Sometimes he would kick so low and hard that I thought there would be a foot or hand sticking out. Gross I know but its the truth!!!! I love hearing about your pregnancy and am so excited for you. Children are wonderful and I can't imagine my life without my kiddos. I'll take some eggs! Too bad you live so far away!

Tracy said...

Good luck with the results of your glucose test. I never thought that stuff was too bad either. I drank orange stuff though.

I don't think I should read your blog anymore...totally kidding! But you make me want another baby!!

Shhh...don't tell anyone!!

Jennie Thompson said...

I'm anxious to hear the results. Good luck!

Michelle said...

Maybe your little one is going to be an evangelist. I pray your test results will turn out fine. Farm fresh eggs are so yummy. I'm jealous.

Just Mom said...

Ah yes. The glucose test. I got the most nastiest sugar high after that one.

I pray all is going well with your pregnancy.

Tess said...

Oh the lovely sugar drink! I didn't think I could get that big of a high from a sugar drink!
I had to do both tests, the 1 hr and the 3 hr. Not terrible -- just long! I ended up failing it barely, all I did was watch my diet it was so borderline, I was perfectly fine.

I love the story of the baby in church! When we went to the races when I was pregnant, Micah would only go nuts during 1 class - the street stocks, for some reason the rumble was just different enough - he liked it!! IT was fun, and such wonderful memories!!

Keep us posted on the testing and I will keep you in my prayers, hopefully the breakfast had something to do with it!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I loved being pregnant too. Nothing like feeling another life moving inside you.

I sure hope your test turns out ok and that you do not get sick from being around all the sick people.

Jamey said...

I hope your test turns out normal. I remember those tests, yuck! I went to a Pearl Jam concert when I was 7 months pregnant with Gage. He kicked the "danced" the entire time!!