



Other happenings at our house: Jeff got the garden planted yesterday/last night. Even though the wind was blowing 100 mph (ok so it was only blowing 35 mph) he managed to get everything into the right rows :)! I helped by handing him seed packets and making the little marker things to put in the garden so we know what each thing is. I'm not so good at bending down anymore...it just doesn't feel very good! So I let Jeff do all the planting. I'll do all the canning once everything is ready!
Our chickens have had free range of the yard for about 3 weeks now and all seems to be going good. Our rooster is confused as he does his morning greeting at all hours of the day. Aren't they only suppose to do that in the morning to wake everyone up? The other day Jeff got home at noon for lunch and the rooster was up on the deck railing doing his morning greeting. I think he's confused!! Jake is enjoying the nice weather. He needs to lose all of his winter fur though..which I think he's working on. He's shedding some but not a ton yet. I'm sure that'll come when the temp's climb into the 80's! The ducks are still around. They broke off into two groups again...and they chase eachother all over the yard! Why can't they all just get along..he he!!
No big plans for Memorial Day weekend (as of yet anyway). Sounds like there is a good chance of rain that day but the weather guys are saying not an all day rain (like I believe them). I guess we'll have to wait and see! My parent are coming up next weekend! We are so excited to see them and so happy Dad can finally come with Mom this time! My Mom and I will attend my baby shower on Saturday the 31st! I'm getting excited for that!!
Jeff's getting excited for tractor pulling. The first pull is a week from this Friday! Hard to believe it's almost that time of year again! I plan to attend a few pulls in June also and then after the 4th of July one in Inwood that's it for me until after this little guy makes his appearance. I probably will go to the Prairie Village one in Madison at the end of August and then wait until next year to go to anymore.
So that's our lives in a nutshell. Jeff's trying to get the lawn mowed today before the rain hits. It's "suppose" to rain Wednesday-Monday. Not a big chance but isn't that usually when it happens! Hope everyone is having a great week! God's Blessings to you all!!
7 comments:
Love the belly shots!!! You look good!!! Haa on the bending over part! Sorry to tell ya, that only gets worse! :)
Good luck Jeff on the first pull! I hope all goes well for you!!
Love the belly shots...I can see change!! I have to agree with Tess the bending among other things only get harder, but worth it!!
Good luck to Jeff with the Tractor Pull season!
Cute, cute, cute...belly that is.
Sounds like you keep busy. Hopefully you are able to do everything you want with the garden.
Have a great day!
what precious belly shots!
aren't you so glad that warmer weather is on it's way?! I have been loving this 75 degree weather in NC these days.
I'm sorry I haven't been around as much --- I still check your blog regularly, but my computer is giving me trouble with posting :oP
can't wait to see your next pictures!
oh, and I think I'd be ok with the confused rooster as long as he's not crowing at night!
I LOVE the belly shots! You look great! The little guy sure is growing.
I finally got my garden planted today (all except the tomatoe and pepper plants).
AAAHHH....you are such a cute pregnant woman! Can't wait to see the little man!!!
Great belly shots! You are one of those cute pregnant women.
Your rooster story cracks me up. I bet after a few more weeks of that, one of you will be dressed in fatigues hiding in a bush, with some type of weapon. Ha!
Post a Comment