The mouse I spoke about in a past post is still gracing us with it's presence. I haven't seen the little bugger for a few days but it let me be known that it's still very much in the house!
On Saturday morning I went to town and ran a few errands. I picked up a few mouse traps and set them up right away when I got home. I followed the instructions and put peanut butter on the traps (instead of cheese). So I set them in two different spots and waited and hoped to hear one of them being set off. No such luck all day or Sunday either. So this morning I inspected the traps (both of them) only to discover that the little stinker has already licked all the peanut butter off the traps without setting them off!! So I had Jeff put the peanut butter on them again and he spread it all over saying that this way the mouse will have to climb on the thing that will set the trap off. We'll see how smart that mouse is now! If the peanut butter is licked off again I'm going to think we have a genius mouse on our hands! :)
We had a nice weekend. Jeff went to Inwood on Saturday and had to take his tractor to Hudson to get certified. All is well with the tractor and it meets all the appropriate specks and rules. So bring on the pulling season!! I had planned on weeding the garden on Saturday but due to recent rain and even some rain on Saturday the garden was just TOO WET! So I am hoping to do it today but it's starting to cloud up and they are talking rain again today. So if not today then I guess tomorrow is another day :)! I am going to cut some of our spinach tonight...it's ready. We have been enjoying our radishes (I have had heartburn for days now)!
Yesterday we went to Inwood for church and family time. I, of course, took my usual Sunday afternoon nap and the guys watched 4 hours worth of tractor pulling. Judy and I watched some after we both woke up. The guys are SUPER EXCITED for the season to begin...only a few more days guys!! After we left Inwood we stopped at Adam, Morgan, and Cade's house. Boy has that little guy grown!! He is almost 6 months old now which is hard to believe! He is such a happy little guy and loves to touch faces and just stare at you. He really loved his Uncle Jeff...he sat on Jeff's lap and just stared at him. It was priceless! Then Auntie Erin got to hold him for a bit. He LOVES to jump..so we were doing that (that's a good arm work out by the way). Then he was showing us how he can play this little piano toy with his feet (by kicking). He's at such a fun age right now! Cade LOVES his applesauce and sweet potatoes. He's even sitting up by himself now. He's getting to be such a big boy! I'll email pictures around in the next few days! Tami and Alan's baby has yet to make an appearance. We can't wait to meet our other niece/nephew in the next few weeks!
I guess that's about it. Oh on a sad note...one of our little yellow baby ducklings died on Friday. Jeff found it laying on the ground barely alive. By the time I got home it was already dead. Not sure what happened to it. I was bummed out about it but unfortunately that's just the way it goes sometimes. So now we have five. We hope these stay healthy and manage to grow up! I'm sure we'll have more here in the next few weeks. I'll keep everyone posted! God's Blessings to everyone!
8 comments:
ooooh...that poor little duck!! :(
Sound like you got some excited guys ready for tractor pulls! I have heard from others that they are a lot of fun to watch. :)
Have a great Monday and it looks like it is going to rain AGAIN! :(...yep another sad face.
You do have a smart mouse on your hands! Hopefully you catch the little bugger soon!
Have fun at the tractor pulls. It sounds like you all have a great time!!
Hope you have caught the mouse by now! They can be pretty tricky!
I forgot to ask you earlier...got any good spinach recipes? Mine is close to ready too and all I do with it is a salad and boil it, always looking for new recipes.
Sounds like you had another busy and fun weekend!
Sorry to hear about one of your little ducks passing.
That darn mouse anyhow. I hope you can catch it soon.
Poor baby ducky. So Sad.
I bet you didn't get much done in the garden yesterday. Is it ever going to stop raining?
Its hard to believe it is June all ready. How in the world did that sneak up on us? I bet you are super excited for all of the sights, smells and atmosphere related to tractor pulls. To this day, I still love the smell of metal being grinded. It reminds me of the days we spent racing.
Good luck catching your mouse!!
Weeding. Ugh! I've got to do that real soon, but it's been kind of soggy. Although, it is easier to pull out those suckers when the ground is still a little wet...
Sorry to hear the news about your little duck, by the way. :-(
Poor little ducky!! Sounds like you stay really busy!
Mice must be really smart! Hopefully you get him soon!
Post a Comment