Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ramblings....

I haven't been very good at updating this blog lately :)! I guess there really hasn't been too much going on at our house lately so there isn't too much to say (but don't worry I'll find something to talk about..he he)!

We got the car back yesterday...it looks WONDERFUL!! The guy that did the paint-less dent repair did an excellent job and it looks as good as new. You can't even tell it had any damage on it what so ever! It's a little strange going from driving a "BIG" truck to a car again but I'm sure it won't take me too long to get use to it! Now I just hope the bad weather stays away today and everyday for that matter...I don't ever want to see hail like that again!

We are now down to one little lone duckling :( ! We think our mama cat and babies have been eating them (gross I know). We had three at the beginning of the week and each night another one disappears. SO SAD but I guess that's part of it. The one that's left is pretty big (almost bigger then the mama cat) so hopefully he'll make it. None of the other's have hatched yet...I would think that would be happening pretty soon. Jeff and I have talked about maybe trying to catch all the new ducklings (when they hatch) and put them in a little pen of some sort until they are big enough to be on their own. Not sure how that'll go but it's worth a shot if it means keeping them alive. Oh the joys of the farm and stray cats!

Jeff is getting excited for the tractor pull in Dell Rapids this Saturday. Sounds like it's going to be HOT so I'm trying to prepare myself for that (I don't do very good in hot, humid weather). I plan to take a cooler full of water and I'm also going to wear shorts (I'll take pants for later in the evening when it gets chilly). I don't think Jeff has to do too much to the tractor....a few odds and ends but nothing serious like last week :)!

Otherwise not much else is going on at the Blankespoor house! We hope everyone is having a great week (it's almost Friday...YIPPEEE)! God's Blessings to everyone...more to come!

8 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Glad you got the car back...hopefully you don't run into any more hail.

Good luck at the tractor pull this weekend.

Jamie said...

I bet you are glad to have your car back! I am glad it didn't take too long!!

Poor little duckies!! :(

Have a great day!

Lori said...

Glad you got your car back.

Sorry to hear about all of the poor ducks.

Yeah! I'm glad it is almost Friday too.
Have a great rest of the week and weekend too.

Tracy said...

Icky on the poor ducklings!!

Glad the car looks as good as new!!! Who would ever thought that paintless dent repair actually works! hehe!

Just Mom said...

Good news on the car. Yay!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

the boedecker family said...

Glad to hear you got your car back! Hope you guys do well at the tractor pull! Only one ducky left...so sad!

A mom said...

I'm here to say ITS FRIDAY!!!!!

I know someone who has ducks and they have a little shed type thingy they go in. They also put them in there at dusk so other creatures don't get them. May be you could find/do something like that. I hope your one lone ducky survives. :o( So Sad.

You may want to find a few big buff men to carry you around, fan you and feed you grapes for the tractor pull. Humidity is not our friend!!! Good luck to you guys!!

Jamey said...

Have fun at the tractor pull. It sounds fun! Glad to hear you have your car back and you were happy wit the results!